C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with A8 tune for HP tuners

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 10:55 AM
99Z51R
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor '04

Default Anyone with A8 tune for HP tuners

I did the ECS/Headers/Alky set-up and got my tune from Doug at ECS but it was before the trans was accessible, I'm new at hp tuners and was wondering if anyone has a file for me to look at and see what is being changed, I'd like to understand it when I go to the track. '15 A8 base
Thanks
Old 05-02-2016, 11:22 AM
yonks8365
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Not a 100% sure but i believe there is not much you can change. Pretty much shift points and shift pressure. Im not a tuner, but thats what a tuner told me.

Hopefully a tuner will chime in for you. I've only heard good things about Doug at ecs, best bet would be to contact him.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:03 PM
TSloper
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I would mess with as little as possible on the TCM unless there is an obvious deficiency with the stock calibrations. I also would not turn off any torque management unless longevity is not a concern. I see it on the Camaro board... people start applying old ways to new things without thinking about what the ramifications will be.

At most I would get your part throttle firmness (intertia tables) where you'd like it then check and see if the WOT shift times are being met. If so I don't see much need to screw with it. Turning off TQ management is going to take life off the transmission.

If you do write the TCM perform a fast learn adapt.

Last edited by TSloper; 05-02-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:43 PM
99Z51R
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor '04

Originally Posted by TSloper
I would mess with as little as possible on the TCM unless there is an obvious deficiency with the stock calibrations. I also would not turn off any torque management unless longevity is not a concern. I see it on the Camaro board... people start applying old ways to new things without thinking about what the ramifications will be.

At most I would get your part throttle firmness (intertia tables) where you'd like it then check and see if the WOT shift times are being met. If so I don't see much need to screw with it. Turning off TQ management is going to take life off the transmission.

If you do write the TCM perform a fast learn adapt.
I'm mainly interested in the 1-2 shift time, It will hit the limiter at WOT if I let it auto shift, have to use the paddles at the track. I'm just not sure what all needs to be changed for that, the firmness is fine.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:44 PM
TSloper
Advanced

That is a pretty easy change. You just need to lower the shift RPM.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:56 PM
99Z51R
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor '04

Originally Posted by TSloper
That is a pretty easy change. You just need to lower the shift RPM.
I'm just not sure what normal, pattern A, pattern B, and hot are for, there's also a D2, D3 mode. Looks totally different than the 4l60 trans options I had for my other car.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:11 PM
TSloper
Advanced

Originally Posted by 99Z51R
I'm just not sure what normal, pattern A, pattern B, and hot are for, there's also a D2, D3 mode. Looks totally different than the 4l60 trans options I had for my other car.
There is a PID in the scanner the will tell you whether it is in normal, pattern A, or pattern B. This will change depending on the mode the car is in. On my Camaro it uses pattern B when in sport and track mode.
The following users liked this post:
99Z51R (05-03-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone with A8 tune for HP tuners

Quick Reply: Anyone with A8 tune for HP tuners