C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about transmission R&R

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 10:59 AM
VetteZr
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Question about transmission R&R

I recently had my 2015 Z51 coupe in to Palmetto Chevrolet for replacement of the torque converter, my question is: was it necessary to remove or loosen the rear bumper cover during this process? My reason for asking is that the cover is misaligned now, but was perfect when brought in to the dealer, I don't want to go to battle with these people if this was not part of the proceedure to R&R the parts, thanks in advance for any comments.
Don
Old 10-20-2016, 12:19 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteZr
I recently had my 2015 Z51 coupe in to Palmetto Chevrolet for replacement of the torque converter, my question is: was it necessary to remove or loosen the rear bumper cover during this process? My reason for asking is that the cover is misaligned now, but was perfect when brought in to the dealer, I don't want to go to battle with these people if this was not part of the proceedure to R&R the parts, thanks in advance for any comments.
Don
Yes they take it off the car for sure.
The following users liked this post:
VetteZr (10-20-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 09:26 AM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 220 Posts

Yep, and it can be a ***** to if your doing it for the 1st time
Someone was in a rush, after you've done it a time or too it's no biggie. Go back and have them make it right, the tech knows he screwed up.

John
Old 07-04-2021, 11:21 AM
tonyb47
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JHEBERT
Yep, and it can be a ***** to if your doing it for the 1st time
Someone was in a rush, after you've done it a time or too it's no biggie. Go back and have them make it right, the tech knows he screwed up.

John
I have a question about the shudder problem. I have a 2015 C7 about 22,000 miles, never experienced any problems until last week. I was in stop and go traffic on the freeway and was experiencing the transmission not shifting smoothly when accelerating after slowing down, may or may not be a shudder but definitiely felt like something wrong. Haven't been able to duplicate it again. is this shudder problem intermittent or all the time
Old 07-05-2021, 08:16 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyb47
I have a question about the shudder problem. I have a 2015 C7 about 22,000 miles, never experienced any problems until last week. I was in stop and go traffic on the freeway and was experiencing the transmission not shifting smoothly when accelerating after slowing down, may or may not be a shudder but definitiely felt like something wrong. Haven't been able to duplicate it again. is this shudder problem intermittent or all the time
Nope , not shudder .. but can be in need of a TCM update and the fast relearn , it will shift like brand new after that

Dealer should only charge you for an hour

Dave
Old 07-05-2021, 10:31 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,217 Likes on 3,459 Posts

If not misaligned when it went in and was when returned... well, duh. I went through the same thing with a C5 headlight when the motor was replaced. Once I got past the stupid-a**ed service writer it was fixed correctly in 10-minutes. DON'T take their bulls**t; way too many let them off the hook for such shabby "work." All the best.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about transmission R&R

Quick Reply: Question about transmission R&R