C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 Allocation spot available for position #1

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:37 PM
sushisean
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Z06 Allocation spot available for position #1

I had two deposits at two different dealers and Kerbeck beat my local dealer to the punch. They are a small dealer in SoCal and I was #1 of 1 in line for a Z06 they have allocated. If you'd like the spot, PM me. I believe you'll probably be able to order anything you want when the time comes but that's just my guess. Very friendly salesman and great dealer I've worked with for years.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by sushisean
I had two deposits at two different dealers and Kerbeck beat my local dealer to the punch. They are a small dealer in SoCal and I was #1 of 1 in line for a Z06 they have allocated. If you'd like the spot, PM me. I believe you'll probably be able to order anything you want when the time comes but that's just my guess. Very friendly salesman and great dealer I've worked with for years.
Are you talking about the M7 or 8speed auto? If M7 there are plenty available at MSRP.

Good info to put out for someone who may be in the hunt for one though.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:40 PM
EasyMoney11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sushisean
Where is the dealer at in the OC?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:44 PM
2006Z06
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kingspoke
Are you talking about the M7 or 8speed auto? If M7 there are plenty available at MSRP.

Good info to put out for someone who may be in the hunt for one though.
Apparently not in Southern California. I have called a few.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:25 AM
sushisean
Racer

I don't think I can say the name of the dealer without breaking the rules. Just PM me and I'll let you know who to call. You'd be 1 of 1 in line and at msrp, pretty good opportunity just looking out for my fellow corvette fans
Old 10-23-2014, 10:39 AM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

wonder how many other people have done the same as you. means the demand is not as great as perceived.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:21 PM
RF LINKUP
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually being # 1 at a small dealer doesnt mean much, his alocation might not pick up til march, all dealers are going to get one, but at gm's sch. If u hope to get a z06, you need to be at large dealer
Old 10-27-2014, 09:48 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by RF LINKUP
Actually being # 1 at a small dealer doesnt mean much, his alocation might not pick up til march, all dealers are going to get one, but at gm's sch. If u hope to get a z06, you need to be at large dealer
Not every one of the corvette certified dealers will get a 2015 Z06, just the ones that sold a certain number of 2014 Stingrays. that drops the number of dealers down that will be receiving a Z06.

If that number drops to, say, 900 dealers, then GM can get at least one Z06 to each of those 900 dealers fairly quickly, as I understand they plan on doing.

Now being number two or number three on a dealers list that will only get two or three, is a completely different matter.

Last edited by JoesC5; 10-27-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006Z06
Apparently not in Southern California. I have called a few.
Yeah, I knew that, I was just saying that you could get an M7 at MSRP (with all the open M7 allocations advertised on the forum), vs paying more at a small dealership in So. Ca.

I'm just clarifying, the point I was trying to make as I'm aware how most of the Ca. dealers in general want market adjustment on a Z06 or even the Stingray.

I was able to ordered a Z06 at MSRP from Boardwalk, otherwise I would have went out of state.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:00 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by RF LINKUP
Maybe, but i was number 1 at a dealership with 2 Z06's allocated and got picked up in the 2nd consensus.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:21 AM
sushisean
Racer

Originally Posted by Kingspoke
Yeah, I knew that, I was just saying that you could get an M7 at MSRP (with all the open M7 allocations advertised on the forum), vs paying more at a small dealership in So. Ca.

I'm just clarifying, the point I was trying to make as I'm aware how most of the Ca. dealers in general want market adjustment on a Z06 or even the Stingray.

I was able to ordered a Z06 at MSRP from Boardwalk, otherwise I would have went out of state.
This dealer in So Cal is definitely at MSRP. FWIW
Old 10-27-2014, 11:29 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
Maybe, but i was number 1 at a dealership with 2 Z06's allocated and got picked up in the 2nd consensus.
I gave up the #1 position at a dealer that was allocated three, and he got one in the first consensus. I assumed it was because he was a satellite location of a top-ten dealer. It could be that the constraints on Z07, A8, and verts are causing the available allocations to be spread more widely.

Total allocations in the first two order cycles are about 800. That appears to be between 20% and 25% of capacity. I talked to two top-ten dealers who got approximately 25% of their allocations in the first two cycles. That is why there are M7s available to order -- more than 80% of the backlog is A8, verts, or constrained Z07s.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:07 AM
kstine98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
The same thing happended to me. I thought I would have to wait until Spring to get mine, since dealing with a small dealer, but I got picked up early. Just the luck of the draw (and the fact that I ordered the M7)!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kstine98
The same thing happended to me. I thought I would have to wait until Spring to get mine, since dealing with a small dealer, but I got picked up early. Just the luck of the draw (and the fact that I ordered the M7)!
I was #1 at a small dealer, they did not receive a 1st consensus vehicle at first. My PRE Order was in the system, the dealer asked for any extra ZO6 if it was available and GM gave it to my dealer, and as a result Im in consensus #1. My dealer was not even told that they gave it to them. It was a couple of weeks later that my dealer called me and said hey your at 3000, have been since September. I was able to get the CFZ while some others were not able to and were really part of the pre 1st consensus (if you know what I mean...). Its just weird how some of this pans out.

In consensus #2, the dealer received their first regular allotment. But I was already in. They could not find a M7 buyer so they ordered floor stock. I think this example shows there are many openings for a ZO6 at some level for an M7.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Allocation spot available for position #1

Quick Reply: Z06 Allocation spot available for position #1