C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Another Museum deliver question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 10:29 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Another Museum deliver question

This Z06 is going to be the very first time I've ordered a car. I've owned over 50 cars, and to date, only three have been brand new actually. So this is going to be quite a memorable experience for me (hopefully amazingly good memories).

There is a chance I may be able to order my car in the next week or so if rumors are true about M7 Verts being taken off constraint (fingers crossed). I have been contemplating Museum Delivery and buyer's tour. But here's my problem. I run two of the largest Equestrian trade shows in the country, my events are in January and March making my life an utter misery of no free time from December until first week of March, I then spend a month in FL in April to regroup and grow my brain back.

So, if I order this week, looking at production time frames of probably January or February, which would make delivery in March. How flexible are the delivery dates when you choose museum delivery and if for some reason you can't take delivery I'm assuming you're out the money and they just send you a picture and ship your car to the dealer?

Also, when you get museum delivery, are you able to just drive your car home from KY or do they still need to ship to your dealer?
Old 11-12-2014, 10:33 AM
TeamOGI
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am no expert, but as I understand things the Museum people work hard to accommodate your Museum delivery days and times. The Museum delivery is typically 2 weeks after your vehicle rolls off the line and they will push that back if necessary. The problem is the build - you, your dealer and the museum people have no control over the time at which your order is picked for production. So the buyers tour may not be right for you based on your obligations.

Also, with museum delivery you typically drive the car (or transport it) home - it doesn't then ship to the dealer.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:37 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Call Lori or Shane at the Museum for particulars about R8C, but they will work with you a lot for scheduling.
This is my 4th R8C, and I drive them home. If not, you would have to arrange transport.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:43 AM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Museum delivery dates are extremely flexible... Buyer's Tour, not so much if you actually want to walk your car down the line.

Our Stingray was built in May, but we had to schedule our trip in June due to work obligations. They were able to accommodate our availability and set us up for delivery on Friday, June 13th. Our flight left on Thursday, and we spent the next day experiencing one of the most awesome events of our lives.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:44 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks everybody. I just got off the phone with Shane and have a better feel for things now. Looks like there's probably a 30+ day window that we can take advantage of for delivery and buyer's tour can be arranged after the car is ordered, so I wouldn't have to plan for that now, I can wait and see if that works in my schedule. Part of the reason I would go out is to drive it back - kill that break-in period on the way home :-) So I guess my next step is to see if the take the constraints off the M7 Convertibles next wee as rumored and if my dealer gets an allocation next week... That will at least give me a chance to do the math on possible delivery time frame. Fingers crossed for mid-March delivery so I can go out!

They also told me that, worse case, if for some reason my schedule would not allow me to go to KY, that they would divert my car to the dealer, send all the paperwork that would normally come with Museum Delivery and then I could come back and do the tours whenever it worked into my schedule.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:48 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticblast
Call Lori or Shane at the Museum for particulars about R8C, but they will work with you a lot for scheduling.
This is my 4th R8C, and I drive them home. If not, you would have to arrange transport.
The musuem is very flexible on scheduling as long as you aren't trying to do it too soon after the build. I seem to remember that both my 07 vert and 11 ZR1 were at my convenience five weeks after the build date.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:17 PM
snsjr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's anything like when I did museum delivery on my '08, they'll give tons of flexibility. My corvette was finished Feb 14th (my wife & I were on the buyers tour with it, took her out for a nice valentines dinner in BG), but I didn't take delivery until towards the end of March, so that I could schedule it with my son's spring break.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Museum deliver question

Quick Reply: Another Museum deliver question