C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tire Shop Recommendation in New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 05:22 PM
VERT07
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tire Shop Recommendation in New Jersey

I live in Northern New Jersey. I took delivery of my Z in January and drove it twice so far due to the extreme cold temps and snow. Our MPSS tires don't like the cold or the snow.
Like some others have done on this board, I am planning to get another set of wheels and the Pirelli winter tires. That will make a little difference this season but a big difference in the winters to come. The Pirelli's are not oem size, but others on this board have said they work on the car without issue and fit the oem size wheels.
The dealer where I bought the car is reluctant to mount the tires since they are not oem spec and they don't want to incur any liability if something goes wrong.
Does anyone here know of a reliable and competent tire shop that can mount these tires on our huge oem wheels in Bergen or Passaic County, NJ?
Also, how many of you are running the Pirelli Sotozeros and how do you like them?
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:38 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Is your bringing them the original tire/wheel assemblies without the car a solution? That way, they didn't put the tires on your car...you did! All they did was mount and balance.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:43 PM
VERT07
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a possibility I considered.
Just looking into all options to see if a specialty shop may be better.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:53 PM
richie427
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VERT07
I live in Northern New Jersey. I took delivery of my Z in January and drove it twice so far due to the extreme cold temps and snow. Our MPSS tires don't like the cold or the snow.
Like some others have done on this board, I am planning to get another set of wheels and the Pirelli winter tires. That will make a little difference this season but a big difference in the winters to come. The Pirelli's are not oem size, but others on this board have said they work on the car without issue and fit the oem size wheels.
The dealer where I bought the car is reluctant to mount the tires since they are not oem spec and they don't want to incur any liability if something goes wrong.
Does anyone here know of a reliable and competent tire shop that can mount these tires on our huge oem wheels in Bergen or Passaic County, NJ?
Also, how many of you are running the Pirelli Sotozeros and how do you like them?
Thanks in advance.
cant re member the name of the place will look, but there are a few, rt46 east in lodi nj. just after bergen honda kaw. dealership.another place in garfield nj benigos, think thats the right spelling.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Shop Recommendation in New Jersey

Quick Reply: Tire Shop Recommendation in New Jersey