C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DSC-Sport suspension pricing released and Katech pre-order started

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 03:21 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Default DSC-Sport suspension pricing released and Katech pre-order started

I'm very excited about this new suspension system. I think this is going to be the hottest new thing for street, drag race and road race. I'm about to install the system on my car and test as soon as the weather clears.

DSC-Sport V2 Controller $1290
http://store.katechengines.com/dsc-s...ller-p520.aspx

DSC-Sport RT Shocks $4900
http://store.katechengines.com/dsc-s...ocks-p521.aspx

DSC-Sport RTx Shocks $6900
http://store.katechengines.com/dsc-s...ocks-p522.aspx

Concerned about doing the calibration yourself? We will be providing calibrations done by Michael Levitas, IMSA Porsche GT3 driver for TPC Racing. Michael has his own C7 Z06 test car and has been doing testing with his good friend Randy Pobst. The software is easy to use. Here is a video:

(e) zach@katechengines.com

Popular Reply

07-21-2016, 03:18 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleBlack99

since the controller is so easy to install, there is no excuse for not having a lap with the stock controller, then just putting in the dsc controller immediately seeing how it affects lap times. ideally an unbiased driver. Frankly it is a bit suspicious that this has not been done. If it had been done and the difference was impressive i think they would be shouting it from the hilltops. The fact that there is silence regarding this simple test, kind of speaks volumes. It reminds me of my research regarding if carbon revolution wheels have a significant performance advantage. I searched extensively, and there is no test where they do a lap, swap wheels and then compare lap times. I realized that there must not be any significant performance advantage. I have not done nearly as extensive research for the DSC, but i have checked the company web site, and the porsche forums, and corvetteforum, and i dont see that this simple and revealing test has been done. Its kind of frustrating. I mean, you have randy pobst driving, just have him do two laps, one with the controller and one without, seriously, WTF? Do that or stop wasting my time with these marketing threads with pages and pages of gobblygook and no cold hard results that could be obtained from a VERY SIMPLE test.
I understand the desire to see back-to-back lap times for the DSC controller, but there are a number of reasons why we haven't done so.

1. We're a small company in its infancy with a small personnel and limited resources. Conducting such tests is not cheap. At the least, we would need to rent a track and hire a driver, neither of which are low cost. While you're not the first person to suggest such a test, the number of requests we've had for this is still quite small. Spending the money to administer such a test to publish via our current platform (effectively reaching the same audience we already are) wouldn't offer much of a ROI. Typically if we're renting a track (with or without a driver), we are devoting all of that time to product development and testing, as this is what's most important for our growth at the moment.

2. Nowhere else in the industry is this a standard practice.
It reminds me of my research regarding if carbon revolution wheels have a significant performance advantage. I searched extensively, and there is no test where they do a lap, swap wheels and then compare lap times.
...I think you'll find this true of just about any aftermarket performance product. I've never seen a tire company publish before/after lap times vs. stock tires, nor have I seen a shock company do it, nor an ECU tuner (granted these have dyno results, but we are more than happy to provide shock dyno results for our Tractive DDA line, as well as share similar information for comparison of controllers), etc.

3. DSC Sport is not simply about lap times. It's very much about the driver's experience. It provides a more comfortable/compliant ride on the street; a lap time won't speak to this. It also instills greater confidence when on track. While this may help improve lap time, it's not necessarily a quantifiable value.

4. You mention how it would be ideal to have an unbiased driver. Obviously, we would be expected to eliminate bias across the board. In administering the the test/experiment ourselves, we would surely open ourselves up to criticism of bias from people for merely being involved in the test.

5. Results will vary. Someone like Randy Pobst can drive a car that has some instability and still squeeze out an amazing lap time. So someone such as Randy may only squeeze a small improvement in lap time out of something like DSC Sport, but it may make achieving that laptime MUCH easier. On the other hand, for your enthusiast driver, who makes up the vast majority of our market, they might be able to squeeze 2-3 seconds just because they now have the confidence to drive the car that much closer to the limit.

For what it's worth, we always encourage our users to bring a factory unit with them to the track and do a back-to-back comparison, whether just for themselves or to share with the community. On the Porsche 9x7 platform (largest sample of data), we've had many users report a gain of 2-3 seconds on tracks such as Sebring for instance. But again, results will vary.

I have also pitched this idea for a test to multiple publications, but no one has bitten yet. If you feel passionate about the need for such a test, I highly encourage you to contact your favorite publication and request that they do a piece on it. We'll be more than happy to provide the necessary equipment and assist with logistics and cost in such a case. In this scenario, the cost is more justifiable, because not only would we now have these results, we would be reaching new audiences as well.

Lastly, I'm sorry that you feel we are wasting your time by promoting our product in a public forum. With that said, may I remind you that we are not the OP on this thread, and we typically leave this thread up to Katech and users/interested forum members to maintain. I don't think we've over saturated this forum in any way with "pages of gobblygook." If you feel the information we provide is inadequate, you are more than welcome to cease reading the thread at your leisure and not purchase the product. Of course, we hope down the road that the product will prove itself and you will be convinced otherwise. However, ultimately the choice is yours.

~Jordan
Old 02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
K B Vettin
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

i have the DSC dampeners on my Gen V Viper and boy what a difference. This system is amazing, the car really handles and pushes back in turns like you wouldn't believe. definitely worth the money.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:36 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by K B Vettin
i have the DSC dampeners on my Gen V Viper and boy what a difference. This system is amazing, the car really handles and pushes back in turns like you wouldn't believe. definitely worth the money.
Awesome
Old 02-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Will this integrate into the existing Drive Mode selector or will this be an entirely different controller and panel?
S.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Snorman
Will this integrate into the existing Drive Mode selector or will this be an entirely different controller and panel?
S.
Seamlessly integrated into the OEM system. Mode selection via the factory ****.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:08 PM
Tay
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome product! Will there be a coilover option? If so, full coilover in the rear as well replacing the leaf spring? Thanks!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Robert R1
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 99 Posts

Jason,

Would this be a good option for people to get the base z06 and then add this suspension and aftermarket brakes (obviously AP).
Old 02-25-2016, 05:26 PM
Rguy271
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

I want to do nasty things to this suspension system.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:24 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Tay
Awesome product! Will there be a coilover option? If so, full coilover in the rear as well replacing the leaf spring? Thanks!
This system is capable of being coil-over, so that is entirely possible.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Robert R1
Jason,

Would this be a good option for people to get the base z06 and then add this suspension and aftermarket brakes (obviously AP).
It makes no difference which level of Z06 you start with.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:15 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Both Mike Levitas and I have non-Z07 cars with this system on it but I know the first car he installed it on was a Z07 car.

I'll finally be getting it on track 3/21 at VIR and Mike and I will both be at VIR 4/5-6 so I'll have a report back on how it performs on track after that.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:25 PM
Operations
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 132 Posts

Sweet
Old 02-25-2016, 11:00 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Old 02-26-2016, 12:39 AM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

This is... oh heck yeah! Very interesting!
Old 02-26-2016, 09:33 AM
Robert R1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
It makes no difference which level of Z06 you start with.
Let me put it another way.

If I got a base z06, got this suspension and aftermarket brakes, what would I be missing out on by not having the Z07 package?

Does that make more sense?
Old 02-26-2016, 09:38 AM
RS4EVA
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

Can you just start with the controller and get new settings for the OEM dampers? Is there any benefit to doing so?
Old 02-26-2016, 09:41 AM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Robert R1
Let me put it another way.

If I got a base z06, got this suspension and aftermarket brakes, what would I be missing out on by not having the Z07 package?

Does that make more sense?
Yes, you could get a base Z06 then buy the suspension and brakes. Then you would be missing the aero and tires out of the Z06 package. You can buy the aero package from us and then get the cup tires if you so desire. Then the only difference is the spring rates between the FE6 and FE7 suspension which you could change by turning this into a coil-over system.

Get notified of new replies

To DSC-Sport suspension pricing released and Katech pre-order started

Old 02-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by RS4EVA
Can you just start with the controller and get new settings for the OEM dampers? Is there any benefit to doing so?
Yes. DSC Sport says it's a huge difference in ride quality and handling with just the controller. I'll be trying that first on my car, then installing the shocks.
The following users liked this post:
MacManInfi (08-20-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 02:15 PM
Robert R1
Burning Brakes

Yes. DSC Sport says it's a huge difference in ride quality and handling with just the controller. I'll be trying that first on my car, then installing the shocks.
Would be ideal to see the laptimes from the same driver on a stock car with track alignment/controller only/controller and shocks.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Wait, what?? Are you saying by installing this controller I can firm up the MR suspension even more that what it currently is? Or less in the rear and more in the front?

Quick Reply: DSC-Sport suspension pricing released and Katech pre-order started