Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Waterless Wash ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 08:35 AM
black bart
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Waterless Wash ?????

The only waterless wash that I have used is Dri-Wash.
I would like to try something else and want to get opinions on these products. DP Waterless Wash Eimann Fabrik Waterless Wash.
Which is best.
I don't want this for anything other than removing light dust can this be done without scratching the Finnish. Keep in mind that I have a Black car. I'm afraid of these products would like to hear from those who have used them.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:30 AM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

I've used the DP Waterless Wash. It's an alright product. I'll use a couple squirts of it along with a couple squirts of QD and remove with a plush towel. It does pretty well with light dirt.

As always, exercise caution when using any product like this.

You might also look at Poorboy's Spray & Wipe. It's a bit cheaper.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:02 AM
GTScott
Instructor

I use the PB Spray & Wipe. I have tried some of the other waterless washes and have been most impressed with the PB. You have to remember that you are dealing with a dirty car while using it so that you don't make any mistakes. As a general rule, I use more than they suggest. However, it can be bought by the gallon.

-GT
Old 11-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

DP Waterless Wash is good and it does not have any wax or polishes. It is not the same as Dri-Wash, Dri-Wash has polish in it as well, and it leaves a white residue in cracks etc.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:42 AM
GJBenn85
Cruising

I highly recommend Poorboy's Spray & Wipe over DP's Waterless Wash. I've had problems with the DP streaking and leaving a haze, especially on glass.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:32 PM
black bart
Drifting

Thanks guy's I will give the PB a try.
Zane have you ever tried to mix the two in the same bottle if I was to shake it often it may work. Sounds like something that would be worth a try.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:40 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by GJBenn85
I've had problems with the DP streaking and leaving a haze, especially on glass.

Having used many of these products, and several other vendors offer, I can tell you that DP makes a great product when used correctly. It will streak when used in direct sunlight as it seems to last a little longer than others on the finish. (some use alcohol and dries quickly, similar to some older QD's) That said, it works extremely well for dust and birdie doo-doo when car is covered or in garage. Poorboys would clearly get the nod when sunlight is present.

The key to using these products properly, is also in the towel of your choice. Something with a high nap will pull any dust and dirt away from the finish, not something to use with a diaper or linen type material.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:11 PM
GJBenn85
Cruising

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek

Having used many of these products, and several other vendors offer, I can tell you that DP makes a great product when used correctly. It will streak when used in direct sunlight as it seems to last a little longer than others on the finish. (some use alcohol and dries quickly, similar to some older QD's) That said, it works extremely well for dust and birdie doo-doo when car is covered or in garage.
Ah, but the problems I have had with DP's waterless wash also exist in a flourescent lit garage regardless of how much product is sprayed on the paint. I like some of the DP products I have used but I think the waterless wash needs tweaking.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:40 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I am not a big fan of any of these waterless wash products on anything more than a dusty car.

I do use QEW every winter with no problems. Do a search here or on autopia and you should find some good information about it.

Get notified of new replies

To Waterless Wash ?????

Quick Reply: Waterless Wash ?????