Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino Steps

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 07:36 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackandTan2004
Thanks! The Z-AIO did not come in the show car kit I ordered and when reading their supplied directions it sounded like it was not needed since I used the cure accelerator.

I took 7.5 hours from start to finish and put on 2 coats of the Z-5 and one of the Z-2. I am now a believer.

Incredibly easy to work with and I did finish up with the Z-6......

That's the Zaino shine that I know and love!
Old 05-25-2016, 09:01 AM
BlackandTan2004
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN
That's the Zaino shine that I know and love!
Thanks! I got s car show on Monday if the weather cooperates. On a flight right now, but when I get home I think I may take her for a spin and then wash followed by a coat of Z-2.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:13 PM
DRAFT1
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Black and Tan thanks for the post. I have ordered the same kit based on this thread. I hope I can get the same results on my Torch Red C5. I have been a little skittish on trying the Zaino products because of the complexity of the steps. But thanks to your post, I know what to do and what to expect. I will know by Saturday. Thanks again.

Last edited by DRAFT1; 06-01-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:08 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Draft,
You can do as little as using Zaino All in One (AIO) and calling it good.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:51 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAFT1
Black and Tan thanks for the post. I have ordered the same kit based on this thread. I hope I can get the same results on my Torch Red C5. I have been a little skittish on trying the Zaino products because of the complexity of the steps. But thanks to your post, I know what to do and what to expect. I will know by Saturday. Thanks again.
You just have to use ZFX with topping all of those different Zaino products and be very careful if you have a bad back or neck as I do doing all of those steps which is why I cut steps down to using only AIO with Z-6 or Z-8 with the ZCS. I still use the Z-7?, the Zaino car wash soap with foam gun.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

Yeah, with ZAIO I don’t use all those steps any more. Just ZAIO topped with ZCS and done.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:40 PM
DRAFT1
Racer

Well its already ordered and expected today. My question now is "Can I use AIO on top of what I have in the kit?
Old 06-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

Well its already ordered and expected today. My question now is "Can I use AIO on top of what I have in the kit?
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe these are the steps if including ZAIO

ZAIO then Z5 then Z2 then Z6
Old 06-02-2016, 04:57 PM
DRAFT1
Racer

My kit same as black and tans. Comes with the activator. Am I good to go? This just got confusing again. Black and Tan I apologize for taking over the thread.

Ok, Ive answered my own question by reading the directions provided. It does say if your using the ZXF then to skip directions for the AIO and proceede with the ZXFZ5 and ZXFZ2. These directions are on the web site under beginners in step 4.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by DRAFT1; 06-02-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:33 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Zaino recommends using ZAIO or Z2/Z5 with ZFX for the first coat of the year (ZCS works too if you put it on first). They claim it helps bond the product to the paint better. After that you can use any of the products (ZAIO, Z2 or Z5) you want if you are only putting on one coat that day.

If doing multiple coats on the same day they say to use ZFX with Z2 or Z5. I believe ZAIO has some cleaners in it that basically clears off the old coat when applying a new one so multiple coats doesn't apply. You can layer Z2 or Z5 over ZAIO if you want just like you can layer ZCS over any of their products.

Z6 and Z8 are just detail sprays basically. They claim Z8 has some protection properties though.

Last edited by Kvothe; 06-02-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:58 AM
BlackandTan2004
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

You are welcome! I am glad you jumped onto my thread!

How did it turn out? Any pictures? I too was a bit skiddish, but after the first coat I was like wow... this is easy and the results are fantastic!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Rkovette
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
Sounds good to me. In fact that's all I have left a quarter bottle of AIO, full bottle of Z8 and less than an ounce of ZCS left. It's been over 7 years.
Ok then the ZCS goes on first and then the detail spray Z-6 or Z-8 goes on last?
Can't mess anything up with Zaino, I've used it for over 10 years and still rate it above anything else that I have used. I wash my car with Dawn before I claybar it, use Z5 with accelerator, Z6 spray, Z2 w/acc. If I'm satisfied, I will apply ZCS and immediately follow with Z8 spray as per Sal Zaino. I have found that the waffle weave "Guzzler" towel works the best for drying my car after blowing it down and actually use 100% cotton sweatshirt to buff my car rather than the border less towels that Zaino sells. The glass cleaner, leather protection, and tire treatment are great as well. Good Luck!
The following users liked this post:
LS WON (01-16-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 05:39 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

As a professional detailer using Zaino, the OP's steps are good with a non-metallic paint car.
For a metallic finish, go with AI using a Porter Cable on 4 until it disappears.
Wipe down.
Then follow up with Clear Seal
Then Z-8 Grand Finale

Do the Clear Seal and Z-8 steps twice, and your results should be stunning.
I have tried many. many products in my shop and have yet to find anything that matches Zaino for shine.
Even the Ceramic/Nano coatings we have tried do not match the shine. Durability, they out run Zaino, but the cost is 5 times more.
The following users liked this post:
LS WON (01-16-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 11:21 PM
Mark Ca
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
As a professional detailer using Zaino, the COP's steps are good with a non-metallic paint car.
For a metallic finish, go with AI using a Porter Cable on 4 until it disappears.
Wipe down.
Then follow up with Clear Seal
Then Z-8 Grand Finale

Do the Clear Seal and Z-8 steps twice, and your results should be stunning.
I have tried many. many products in my shop and have yet to find anything that matches Zaino for shine.
Even the Ceramic/Nano coatings we have tried do not match the shine. Durability, they out run Zaino, but the cost is 5 times more.
Agreed. I have used all of Zaino products for many years and now realize that if the finish is good all you need is a wash, Z-CS clear and Z-8 and you are done in no time!
Old 02-28-2018, 03:38 PM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been using Zaino off an on for the past 12 yrs. These pics are from the last vette I had. I have not yet had the opportunity to Zaino my current vette. This one was my DD, but the current one is a garage queen and does not need the full zaino treatment. In this pic, I have had zaino on it for a few years, so I did not have to do the full treatment. What you see is, and on top of several coats of Z5 and Z2 is about 3 coats of Z-Clear Seal, wiped down with Z6.
Attached Images    
Old 02-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Mark Ca
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by c6vetteinhouston
I have been using Zaino off an on for the past 12 yrs. These pics are from the last vette I had. I have not yet had the opportunity to Zaino my current vette. This one was my DD, but the current one is a garage queen and does not need the full zaino treatment. In this pic, I have had zaino on it for a few years, so I did not have to do the full treatment. What you see is, and on top of several coats of Z5 and Z2 is about 3 coats of Z-Clear Seal, wiped down with Z6.
Nice shine!

Quick Reply: Zaino Steps