Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

What's up with Klasse Sealant Glaze

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's up with Klasse Sealant Glaze

I spent about 8 hours yesterday detailing my vette. Did a Z7 wash, clay bar, Z7 wash again, followed by Klasse All In One, followed by Klasse sealant glaze. It came out beautiful. This is really good stuff and the effort was well worth it. Previous products I've used on my vette have been 15+ coats of Zaino Z5/Z2, then I switched to NXT Tech wax, now the Klasse products. The Klasse looks the best to me, followed by NXT, then Zaino. Just my opinion. No need to start a polish war in this thread.

Anyway, the question I have is that I applied the Klasse sealant glaze with a slightly damp terry cloth applicator pad on the entire car and let dry for about an hour. When I tried to wipe off the glaze with a microfiber towel, it left a streaky haze everywhere. I had to use Zaino Z6 to spray and wipe off the haze. What went wrong? The Klasse instructions were to let it dry, which I did (temp was about 65 degrees, very low humidity). So, what's the secret of applying this product without the steaky haze. I would like to appy a second coat of the glaze next weekend and top it off with souveran paste wax.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:50 AM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

If you'll remember back, I showed you a thread that recommended applying SG in a WOWO method. Wipe-on, wipe-off.

Do one panel, buff it off, and move on to the next panel. SG is pretty finicky and people have had pretty good success with that method.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

Originally Posted by ZaneO
If you'll remember back, I showed you a thread that recommended applying SG in a WOWO method. Wipe-on, wipe-off.

Do one panel, buff it off, and move on to the next panel. SG is pretty finicky and people have had pretty good success with that method.
Actually I had started doing it that way based on your previous advice and applied it one panel at a time to the first panel (did half of roof) but found it to leave streaks. Then I read on back of the bottle saying to allow drying time. So, I applied to rest of car and waited an hour for drying time before I started wiping it off.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:33 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Humm...it needs to be very thin coats (like Zaino).

Could be a variety of things affecting it. High humidity, etc.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

Don't know what I did wrong. Very low humidity yesterday and I did use very thin coat (I am an experienced Zaino user). I started applying the sealant glaze as soon as I had buffed off the Klasse all in one. Should I have waited between these 2 steps.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:34 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

I don't think there is any need for waiting.

Most likely just have to find the right technique for your environment and car.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I do love Klasse AIO , and find SG to be a pain in the ****. My preferred method is NOT using a damp applicator and have found even with the Wipe On Wipe Off method there are streaks on the tops areas. A fine mist of water , deionized, and wipe takes it away. But after some heat the topping is hard as nails, and looks great. Just remember that if you are adding a second coat of SG to make sure all streaks are gone. Otherwise you seem to seal them in !
Old 11-08-2004, 09:40 PM
mhaber
Racer

I tried the AIO followed by glaze on two occasions and got a white haze over my mag red II. I had to strip it both times and stopped using it. Maybe some of these previous suggestions will work.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:21 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

(SG) Application Methodology:
·Shake product container vigorously to ensure mixing
·Do not dampen the applicator with water or use any lubricating sprays during application.
·Apply to a clean, dry surface, with a temperature of >50 – 90<o F, away from direct sunlight
·Place a small amount of product (about the size of a dime) on to a dry applicator (not the paint surface) and using a light to medium even pressure, apply a thin even film of product to paint surface.
·As an alternative, pour some SG into small misting spray bottle, this will enable you to cover the applicator while using the minimum amount of product, and this will ensure a super thin application.

·Sonus Spritz is formulated the same way as Klasse and can be used to ‘even’ out layers or as a quick detailer
Old 11-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

Originally Posted by TOGWT
(SG) Application Methodology:
·Shake product container vigorously to ensure mixing
·Do not dampen the applicator with water or use any lubricating sprays during application.
·Apply to a clean, dry surface, with a temperature of >50 – 90<o F, away from direct sunlight
·Place a small amount of product (about the size of a dime) on to a dry applicator (not the paint surface) and using a light to medium even pressure, apply a thin even film of product to paint surface.
·As an alternative, pour some SG into small misting spray bottle, this will enable you to cover the applicator while using the minimum amount of product, and this will ensure a super thin application.

·Sonus Spritz is formulated the same way as Klasse and can be used to ‘even’ out layers or as a quick detailer
Thanks for the detailed instructions. I did apply SG with temp around 65, on a cool surface and not in direct sunlight (did it in my garage). I did use a damp terry cloth applicator based on information I had received earlier. Next time I will use a dry applicator. I really like the misting bottle idea to cover the applicator. I will try these steps for my second coat. Unfortunately, its getting colder in NJ and temps may not be above 50 for me to apply SG. Might have to wait until spring . Also, how long do I wait before buffing off the SG. Do I do it immediately, i.e., apply to 1 panel and then remove it or do I do the entire car then wait before I start buffing it off (I use a waffle weave microfiber towel for buffing). Since I used Zaino Z6 to remove the streaks from the first coat, do I still have any Sealant Glaze left on my paint, or was it removed by the Z6.

Killrwheels: Thanks for the tip to ensure removing all streaks prior to putting on a second coat. Sounds like the surface needs to be nearly perfect, otherwise SG will seal it in.

mhaber: I really liked the look after the AIO application and was really psyched to take it up another notch with the SG application. Boy was I disappointed with the streaking. Almost died seeing that stuff after 7 hours of hard labor to get the vette to that point. Thank God for Z6.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

Get notified of new replies

To What's up with Klasse Sealant Glaze

Quick Reply: What's up with Klasse Sealant Glaze