Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Dyno Results with FIPK and Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:22 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Default C5 Dyno Results with FIPK and Headers

Lots of people ask of gains with intake and headers AND a dyno tune. Thought I'd post mine.

Car is a stock 2001 coupe with a K&N FIPK and TPIS headers, Random Tech cats and X-pipe.

I don't have a baseline prior to header/intake install as I did the install myself prior to any dyno runs.

The "poor" pull is with old plugs and prior to decarboning. Tuner had me Sea Foam the engine and install new NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .042. "Good" pull is after foam & plugs.

Max power is 327 hp and 342 ft-lb at 12.3 AFR.

Jim at swtuning.com in Oklahoma City did a great job. Spent a lot of time getting it right, including not charging any additional money for the second tuning session a week later after foam and plugs.

Rick

Last edited by rikhek; 08-16-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Nice... what year is your car? If you drove it harder you wouldn't have to decarb
Old 08-16-2007, 12:40 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Nice... what year is your car? If you drove it harder you wouldn't have to decarb
Yeah, funny but I'm not going to bite..... Car is tracked monthly and driven pretty hard.

Post says it's a 2001.

Sea foam was needed due to oil carry over prior to catch can install. I installed a catch can about 2 months ago and found I was putting 22 ounces of oil to the intake in 4 - 15 minute track sessions at Hallett.

Now it's all going to the catch can. I've completely bypassed the intake from the crankcase ventilation system (i.e., loop).

Wasn't "carboned" from driving slow. Was "oiled" heavily from driving hard.....

Rick

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Dyno Results with FIPK and Headers

Quick Reply: C5 Dyno Results with FIPK and Headers