Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New track to be built in New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default New track to be built in New Orleans

http://nolamotor.com/

This sounds pretty cool to me.

NOLA Motorsports Park is bringing one of the longest road courses in America to the New Orleans metro area. Measuring 5 miles in its longest configuration, the track is scheduled to open next fall.

Three courses are planned for the facility, measuring 2.4, 1.3 and 1.3 miles in length respectively. Several different configurations will be possible, while all together they combine to create a 5-mile mega track.

The track's designer, Alan Wilson, is also responsible for GingerMan Raceway in Michigan, Carolina Motor Sports Park, Barber Motorsports Park, Mid-America Motorplex, Arizona Motorsports Park, Motorsports Park Hastings, BeaveRun Motorsports Park, Autobahn Country Club, Calobogie Motorsports Park in Canada and Miler Motorsports Park near Salt Lake City. As you can see from the map above, NOLA Motorsports looks like a challenging track with many different kinds of corners.

NOLA Motorsports will be a club-type facility with activities including club driving, track days, high performance driving schools, club racing, and Kart activities planned.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:18 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

New track COOL

Alan Wilson,
Old 09-22-2009, 04:24 PM
TmillerC5
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
New track COOL

Alan Wilson,
Don't like Wilson why? He does a lot of tracks. just curious
Old 09-22-2009, 05:03 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TmillerC5
Don't like Wilson why? He does a lot of tracks. just curious
Mr Willson is not found of high hp cars, Lots of tight tight turns, short straights. Look at all his designs or better yet drive them. None are real memorable. Most are tracks ppl dont want to go back too.

Putnam Park is OK
CMP is OK, bit better now with the redeisgn, but still not great
Autobaun is OK as well. best parts about autobaun is so close to chi town and well Mike is there

vs
Road America
VIR
Mid-Ohio
Road Atlanta
Sebring
WG
and others.

he designs so many tracks as there are so few track designers on this side of the Atlantic

Last edited by AU N EGL; 09-22-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 PM
NVR2L8
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Mr Willson is not found of high hp cars, Lots of tight tight turns, short straights. Look at all his designs or better yet drive them. None are real memorable. Most are tracks ppl dont want to go back too.

Putnam Park is OK
Autobaun is OK as well. best parts about autobaun is so close to chi town and well Mike is there

vs
Road America
VIR
Mid-Ohio
Road Atlanta
Sebring
WG
and others.

he designs so many tracks as there are so few track designers on this side of the Atlantic
Never hurts to have another place to drive. Plus, New Orleans has lots of other amenities to offer.

As for Alan Wilson, don't forget Miller Motorsports Park in Utah. It is an outstanding track!

Anyone building a track needs to make sure that it meets the owner's design criteria, not the track consultant's. JMO
Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Putnam Park is OK

vs
Road America
VIR
Mid-Ohio
Road Atlanta
Sebring
WG
and others.

damn rice burners!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:34 AM
worldsaway
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in pensacola,Fl, about 200 miles from NOLA. Several of my La racing buddies who run at No Problem raceway went to the initial meeting for this site. The main backer has deep pockets. They were looking for membership at this meeting and asked how many people that Dr Chouest needed for it to be built. His reply "just one, me". And he's got big plans for this thing, like ALMS big. My friends are pumped. Ed
Old 09-23-2009, 07:02 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Well then Great. More tracks to run.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Looks like a cool track to me. I have been on small track like Gingerman and Waterford Hills in MI, and its a different mind set. I have also been on Nelson Ledges which is a fast. The fast track are fun but the smaller ones challenge your technique. Just different aspects of the sport.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Wren
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '03

My first reaction on seeing the map is, "where do you pass?"

I'm not surprised to find that the same guy who designed Barber was responsible for that track. Barber is a fine track to drive on and one of the worst in the country to race on.

Still, if they can get some SCCA races there, it could be worth the trip at least once.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:05 AM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I figure the more tracks the merrier and the ones that are member type certainly get a lot more regular visits by the members so the involvement is better. It all adds to the sport and participation even if it isn't w2w racing all the time.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New track COOL

Alan Wilson,
I aggree. Wilson tracks are not fun for high hp cars. I could tell he designed it without reading the description just by looking at the track diagram.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:17 AM
quick04Z06
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 600 Likes on 310 Posts

The cool new membership track should be Atlanta Motorsports Park, designed by Tilke, who has done so many F1 tracks, like Baharain and Malaysia. I doubt the straights will be "Millerized" into disguised turns....

http://www.atlantamotorsportspark.net/track_news.shtml
Old 09-24-2009, 11:25 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

i need to move to the east coast
Old 09-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Racer2B
Advanced

Originally Posted by quick04Z06
The cool new membership track should be Atlanta Motorsports Park, designed by Tilke, who has done so many F1 tracks, like Baharain and Malaysia. I doubt the straights will be "Millerized" into disguised turns....

http://www.atlantamotorsportspark.net/track_news.shtml
+1!!! AMP is going to be THE premiere facility coming up this coming year.

Reality is funding and 'approval' for 99% of the tracks that are "proposed" do not go through. Best to not make special plans until you see pavement put down and cars on the track

South East and North East are now the best places to have 4-5 great tracks within 4-5 hours. South East can also run 365 days a year! I wish we could say the same thing for the north east...we lose over 4 months if the winter lasts a while

Get notified of new replies

To New track to be built in New Orleans

Quick Reply: New track to be built in New Orleans