Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted: On-board halon system

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 01:57 AM
RacePro Engineering
Tech Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Wanted: On-board halon system

Gentlemen,

We are in need of an on-board Halon fire supression system. Manual activation preferred, but will consider automated. Full or empty. Piping included will be a plus, but not essential.

Let us know what you may have - 607-535-4237 (New York), or RaceProEngineering [at] Verizon [dot] net.

Thanks,
Ed LoPresti
Old 08-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

I use the automatic and/or manual activated system from Donny and Luke at Firebottle.com in Florida. (239) 995-6300

They understand racing schedules and turn refilled bottles around very quickly.

Oli
Old 08-26-2010, 04:47 PM
fcarga
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

firebottleracing.com is the correct address
Old 08-30-2010, 01:38 AM
RacePro Engineering
Tech Contributor

Gentlemen,

Sorry for the tardy response - I was out of town for a few days, and not checking here. I probably should have specified that I am hoping for a USED (but not abused) system.

In any case, I shall give those boys at FireBottle a call tomorrow, since I need to verify SFI's current stance on Halon.

Thanks for your help!
Ed
Old 09-08-2010, 12:35 PM
RacePro Engineering
Tech Contributor

Default Still looking . . . . .

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the PMs.

We are still looking for a suitable used system. We would like one as complete as possible: aluminum bottle, head, pressure gauge, tubing, in-line tee(s), nozzles with proper adapters, mounting bracket, push/pull cable.

If a couple of the smaller items are missing, that's OK. Let me know what you have.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 09-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Ed,
Its been a while since we talked. What are you building? We did a joint Corvette Club/SCCA autocross at BU a month ago where we resurrected the old Greene Go Kart Track course. Wouldn't quite fit into the parking lot but we got it close enough that everybody had lots of fun.

Bill
Old 09-08-2010, 04:16 PM
RacePro Engineering
Tech Contributor

Hi Bill,

Yes - it has been way too long!

We just picked up a nice (street) 1995 Grand Sport look-a-like, that has a set of ZR1 wheels on it, and the plan is to prep it over the winter. I'm just attempting to gather some of the essentials now, before everybody here in the northeast puts their stuff away for the season.

Are there still enough "old timers" around to remember the Greene layout? That sounds like a blast! While at BU, did anyone go into the tire wall in front of the shed? (Oops - flashback!)

I'll try giving you a call later today or tomorrow, and we can "catch up".
Ed
Old 09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by RacePro Engineering
Hi Bill,

Yes - it has been way too long!

We just picked up a nice (street) 1995 Grand Sport look-a-like, that has a set of ZR1 wheels on it, and the plan is to prep it over the winter. I'm just attempting to gather some of the essentials now, before everybody here in the northeast puts their stuff away for the season.

Are there still enough "old timers" around to remember the Greene layout? That sounds like a blast! While at BU, did anyone go into the tire wall in front of the shed? (Oops - flashback!)

I'll try giving you a call later today or tomorrow, and we can "catch up".
Ed
We used the bank at the one end of the parking lot as the tire wall but nobody reached it. Were you there the day I went up and over the tirewall at the end of the backstraight and ended up in the staging area about 10 ft from another Corvette that was waiting to be motioned up to the starting line? I can still see his face with his mouth and eyes wide open as I came to a stop in front of him. Bet he thought my flying Corvette was going to get him.

Bill
Old 09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
RacePro Engineering
Tech Contributor

Yes! Obviously, I was not IN the other Corvette, but I remember it vividly! Dante and I were standing up on the bank, watching your run, in the light rain. At first, we thought you had missed your braking point - by a lot! Later we found out your foot had slipped from the brake pedal because of wet shoes from the paddock.

A launch is ALWAYS dramatic, but that remains the only one I have ever seen at an AUTOCROSS! Fortunately, the damage was (comparatively) minor.

Talk to you soon.
Ed

Get notified of new replies

To Wanted: On-board halon system

Quick Reply: Wanted: On-board halon system