Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Question??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:44 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Seat Question??

Well after my first weekend with the '04 Z06 and stock seats with harness and sub-belt holes it is evident that I have gone past the comfort level in these seats. Really learned a lot at Putnam Park from Todd Rumpke and Danny Popp. My overall lap times went down a whole bunch. So next move is a seat that when I get done for the day I don't feel like I just upset Chuck Liddle.

Looking at Kirkey 47 Series and Ultrashield Road Race VS or Pro Road Race. Anyone have experience with these seats and can give me some feedback?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:29 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Stock Z06 seats really stink for the track and will inhibit your driving ability. As I posted in another one of your threads I have a custom-fit Ultrashield Pro Road Race. It's my second Ultrashield and first custom fit one. I love them... nothing else out there that will fit me properly.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

I have the Pro Road Race seats in my car. Bought them for my 03Z and have them in my 08Z now. I use the Hardbar seat rails to hold the driver's seat in place and have a custom OEM manual seat track for the passenger seat. I would have used the Hardbar rails on the passenger side but the lateral G sensor is mounted right where one of the rails would have to lay. Another solution is the Pfadt seat track which is similar to the OEM track but doesn't have to be modified to side mount a seat. I have the 17 inch wide seats on both sides. One is a 20 degree layback and the other is a 10 degree layback. Depending on how you like to sit at the steering wheel the 10 degree may be to far forward while the 20 degree could be to far rearward. If I remember correctly Kirkey didn't offer a choice. With either brand you will need a seat back brace that fastens to your harness bar or roll bar.

Bill
Old 04-06-2011, 07:29 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Ultra Shield pro race race seats here. Hold you in place
Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I have the Pro Road Race seats in my car. Bought them for my 03Z and have them in my 08Z now. I use the Hardbar seat rails to hold the driver's seat in place and have a custom OEM manual seat track for the passenger seat. I would have used the Hardbar rails on the passenger side but the lateral G sensor is mounted right where one of the rails would have to lay. Another solution is the Pfadt seat track which is similar to the OEM track but doesn't have to be modified to side mount a seat. I have the 17 inch wide seats on both sides. One is a 20 degree layback and the other is a 10 degree layback. Depending on how you like to sit at the steering wheel the 10 degree may be to far forward while the 20 degree could be to far rearward. If I remember correctly Kirkey didn't offer a choice. With either brand you will need a seat back brace that fastens to your harness bar or roll bar.

Bill
I went with a 17" 20 degree layback on my old seat since that's what a local buddy had in his C4 race car that I got to sit in.

My current custom fit seat ended up being 16" and I went with the 10 degree seat. I lean it back to achieve my desired seating angle but the nice thing about the 10 is that it provides better thigh support.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Lothar34
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the 10° layback allow you to mount the seat a little bit further back? I'm looking into getting a series 47 and I'd like as much legroom as possible.

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Question??

Quick Reply: Seat Question??