Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

inTech Trailers - anybody have any experience with them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
OVG
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default inTech Trailers - anybody have any experience with them?

I'm considering buying a 22' inTech enclosed aluminum trailer to haul my C6Z to the track. Specs and web site photos look good. Anybody have any experience with them?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 PM
OVG
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, I'll rephrase the request. Does anybody have a recommendation on an enclosed aluminum trailer and what dealer in the Southeast or Mid-Atlantic area to buy from (or who not to use)? My tow vehicle is a 2007 new body style Silverado Crew Cab with a 5.3L and 3.73 rear. I've pulled a 24' Haulmark and with the Z06 I'm right at 7,000lbs. Pulling up the hills around VIR is . It will do it but its not happy. I know, I need to get a diesel Silverado HD, F250, or Ram 2500 but thats going to have to wait until my last kid is out of college.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 AM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by OVG
Ok, I'll rephrase the request. Does anybody have a recommendation on an enclosed aluminum trailer and what dealer in the Southeast or Mid-Atlantic area to buy from (or who not to use)? My tow vehicle is a 2007 new body style Silverado Crew Cab with a 5.3L and 3.73 rear. I've pulled a 24' Haulmark and with the Z06 I'm right at 7,000lbs. Pulling up the hills around VIR is . It will do it but its not happy. I know, I need to get a diesel Silverado HD, F250, or Ram 2500 but thats going to have to wait until my last kid is out of college.
And that is why I bought an open trailer. I know my 2010 Tahoe with the 5.3 will tow an enclosed. I know it will struggle on the hills
Rather than kill the truck I bought an open trailer. Trailer+car+stuff is under 6K lbs. Truck will tow 8500, so I've got a good margin. Added a brake controller for towing in real hills and I'm good to go. Have a trans cooler, but so far haven't seen trans temps exceed water temps (210) so its not installed yet.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:30 PM
isnider
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

What did you end up going with, been looking at InTech, ATC, etc also....

Ian
Old 03-04-2012, 08:49 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats the weight of the 22 intech. is it an aluminum frame or steel as you know aluminum frame will drop the weight.there website says perimeter frame is aluminum.

Last edited by CodeBlack; 03-04-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 AM
isnider
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Everything is aluminum on their Icon model including floor! nice trailer....

Ian
Old 05-12-2012, 03:34 PM
longrooffan
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inTech Trailers

Hi my name is John and I sell trailers for a living at bestpricetrailers.com down here in Daytona Beach. Last week I sold a carhauler to Hal Bellamy, the president of NCCC. What a nice guy.

We sell both inTech and ATC (Aluminum Trailer Company) trailers. They both build excellent trailers for about the same price. We have several of each on our lot as I type this.

The main difference between them is the construction process. ATC has a team of engineers on staff who are available to answer any questions at will. This allows us to get back to our customers almost immediately with an answer to a particular question. Also, the build time for a custom car hauler with ATC is about 1/2 of the time (6 weeks) of inTech.

A 22' aluminum car hauler weighs around 3,900 pounds equipped with cabinets, finished walls and rubber floor.

If I can answer any questions for you, feel free to email me at john@bestpricetrailers.com.

Last edited by longrooffan; 05-14-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Han Solo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I've seen, most aluminum trailers weigh very close to the same as a steel model. Remember to get the same strength from aluminum it has to be 2 or 3 times as thick as steel. It is also more susceptible to cracking from stress.

I have a 18' Anderson open trailer with the open center and it weights 1250 lbs. Most of the 18' decked aluminum trailers I've seen weigh about the same. The few times I needed a full deck I just attached some 3/4" plywood to the center. The open section has been handy for under car inspections at times. In hindsight a 16' would have been plenty.

Advantages to an enclosed trailer is car, parts, and tool security. Also the ability to use as a camper if your into roughing it. I put a cap on my truck and figure a budget hotel into the trip.

Get notified of new replies

To inTech Trailers - anybody have any experience with them?

Quick Reply: inTech Trailers - anybody have any experience with them?