Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 10:18 AM
1vettelover
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Racing

Wow congrats to Chevrolet Corvette Racing for a 1-2 finish in the Grand Am Series with their new Daytona Prototype at Barber this past weekend. That car is really cool!
Its bad though that the Suntrust Corvette took out another Corvette team, Action Express Racing during the race. That was dirty driving, he should have gotten a bigger penalty. I love the red white and blue of the Action Express cars
How cool would that be to see Corvettes take the top 5 spots. I wonder if that has ever been done? Can't wait to see the next race! Go Chevy
Old 04-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

suggestion - add spoiler alert to posts about weekend racing. I happen to watch it this morning, but others I am sure have not yet.

BTW - great win!!!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Rob31
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there any history between the Suntrust and #5 car ? There is hard racing , but wtf was that ?
Old 04-01-2012, 03:02 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

#90 is a Pratt and Miller car. Pratt and Miller are really involved in the Grand Am. I think the Camaros are also Pratt and Miller cars. In addition Pratt and Miller is now heavily involved in Indy car.

Until Gary Pratt and his crew came along Corvettes were just sort of out there. They never won races - maybe just best in class. The man has built an empire. And we only know about his race car work. He now has a whole division doing stuff for the Pentagon.

If you're going to be racing GM products today you had best be on good terms with both Jim Campbell and Gary Pratt. Screw with those guys and you'll be at the back of the pack,

Richard
Old 04-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To me the interesting thing about the "Corvette" DP cars is that is the BODY only. That body fits THREE different chassis; the Riley, the Coyote and the Dallara (if I recall correctly). So to say "a Corvette won" is only part of the story - I think they need to list the chassis as well in the race results.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:46 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

You can only get the Coyote (which is pretty much Pratt and Miller chassis now), as a "Corvette". The 99 Gainsco car is a Riley chassis, with a Corvette body, and the 10 Suntrust car is a Dallara with a Corvette body.

It's nice that Grand Am decided that after a 24 Hour race, on a low downforce track, which was dominated by Riley bodied Ford and BMW powered cars, that only the Corvettes would be allowed to use the high downforce body add-on pieces at Barber. I think GM was a little embarrassed at their first outing, after lots of hype. Hopefully now that they got their win, they will let the field equalize.

Nice to see the Mazda win in GT!!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TLGunman
It BETTER win, since it is 300 lbs lighter.....
Old 04-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Everett Ogilvie
It BETTER win, since it is 300 lbs lighter.....
Yep! Really FAIR, Hua?

Jim
Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 PM
crainholio
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLGunman
Bonehead move by Patrick Dempsey crossing the track and taking out the DP car, IMHO.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by crainholio
Bonehead move by Patrick Dempsey crossing the track and taking out the DP car, IMHO.
Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see him do that. He usually has his head on pretty straight.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Racing

Quick Reply: Corvette Racing