Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSi Raceline Ohlins TTX Corvette ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 04:28 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default PSi Raceline Ohlins TTX Corvette ZO6

http://performanceshock.com/psi-ohli...pension-system

Kind of makes me glad I'm returning my C6 to street duty... otherwise I'd have to find $6k to try this package. Crazy.

trackboss, which Ohlins did Bruce build for you? Was it these TTX40s?
Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine are the protoypes for the corvettes. They are the TTX36 with the piggyback can. There are new ones available that have the reservoir built in, which is way cool and allows coil springs to be used without any modification. Takes away some bump travel, but it shouldn't be a problem. The ones I have require some work to use anything larger than a 2" spring. I use leafs so I have not had an reason to modify. As you may already know, PSI is great. I brought them a way (not my original idea) to correctly mount a double eyelet damper in the rear. They did the rest.
Mine look similar to the ones in the link, but different mounting. PSI custom builds every single damper, and they do it the right way. They don't start with a "corvette" application or anything like that. They simply get the dampers one wants and build everything into them to fit the application. Price is comparable to any boxed dampers of similar level. PSI can build the same system using less expensive (or more expensive) dampers if desired.
It just happened that I brought my ideas to PSI at the same time that they wanted to do TTX36. They are expensive dampers, but I'd say if you want adjustables they are worth it. There is no easier to adjust damper available. I reach behind the tire, with the car on the ground if I want to adjust. The koni's I've used in the past (and origially planned on my corvette) are a pain in the *** to adjust.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:49 PM
tracy@perfshockinc
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words...we are really excited about this kit and are very pleased with the way all the pieces turned out. We utilized the Ohlins TTX36 "piggyback" shock on all four corners and used 2 1/4" springs. This kit is coil-over rear but can be converted to non coil-over if needed. Let me know if I can answer any questions and thanks again.

Tracy Williams
Performance Shock, Inc.

Get notified of new replies

To PSi Raceline Ohlins TTX Corvette ZO6

Quick Reply: PSi Raceline Ohlins TTX Corvette ZO6