Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

C4 fuel line question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 11:48 PM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default C4 fuel line question?

I am in the process of installing a 550-650 HP motor and have already swapped out the stock fuel pump with a Walbro GSS-307 pump. I noticed 3-fuel lines coming from the tank assembly. 1) Will the Walbro pump be strong enough for my Motor, (the folks at Precision Turbo and Engine say the Walbro will support 1,000 HP) and if not should I install an Aeromotive in tank pump? 2) Should I consider swapping out the stock fuel lines for a braided set and why are there 3 of them? 3) Will the stock fuel filter be too restrictive for my set-up?

Any inputs on this would be great!

[Modified by BlackRocket, 9:50 PM 5/30/2002]
Old 05-31-2002, 02:55 AM
drive it
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

Default Re: C4 fuel line question? (BlackRocket)

The three lines-One is supply, another is return and the third one is a "vent" line that goes to the charcoal cannistor and feeds the fuel fumes into the intake manifold when the ecm commands a solenoid to open.
I've heard of quite a few cars running that high of HP with the stock lines without any problems.
The fuel filter as a restriction? I wouldn't think so, but don't really know.
If they rate that fuel pump as being able to do the job fine-but the real test is to look at a fuel press. gauge taped to the outside of the windshield while you do a WOT run and make sure the press. doesn't drop.
And when you get that puppy runnin' could you give us some 1/4 mile times! :cheers:
Old 05-31-2002, 09:58 AM
Oh My
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C4 fuel line question? (drive it)

If you check on Jegs or Summit racing online, they sell High Flow replacement fuel filters for about 20-30 dollars. Not unreasonable at all for some extra flow through the lines. Good luck :cheers:
Old 05-31-2002, 08:53 PM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm building this car for the circle track not 1/4 miler. But I'll try to run it on the 1/4 once it's finally done in about a year!!! Any other inputs on modifying or changing out the stock fuel system would be appreciated. :)
Old 06-06-2002, 04:51 AM
gcrouse
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you're HP goals are right on the hairy edge of where an in-tank pump and stock lines will become inadequate. I see guys over 600hp running dual Aeromotive pumps and dual 1/2" fuel lines. And a freer flowing filter is mandatory; make sure you get one rated for 100psi.

FWIW I'm doing just over 500hp supercharged with the Walbro in-tank pump, stock fuel lines and filter.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 fuel line question?

Quick Reply: C4 fuel line question?