Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

CF server issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Norm66
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

I have similar problems. I usually have to double or triple click to log on. Then I have to double click to change pages or to access a post. I use IE 9 and Windows 7. I believe this started about one month ago, Help!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 AM
mrm1149
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by Norm66
I have similar problems. I usually have to double or triple click to log on. Then I have to double click to change pages or to access a post. I use IE 9 and Windows 7. I believe this started about one month ago, Help!!!
Same problem here Norm...........IE9 and wdws.7 This is the only site with a problem, ................
Old 02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Vitoc
Team Owner

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by mrm1149
Same problem here Norm...........IE9 and wdws.7 This is the only site with a problem, ................
Ditto

FireFox 9 and Chrome 17 (how the hell are they at version 17 already ), multiple computers, both inside my LAN and outside
Old 02-10-2012, 02:33 PM
jfr's 63swc
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

IE 8 and Windows XP - only site with problems for me too!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

I've been having the "error 503", as well as even slower page loading all day......I first logged on around 7 AM, EST, then around lunch time, and now.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Norm66
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default Double and Triple Clicks

Still happening! This is getting to be a real pain. I'll bet there are many others besides those of us who posted here who are experiencing the same problem. Is anyone looking into it?
Old 02-11-2012, 02:46 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

FWIW, I log in to LS1 Tech every once in a while, which is also an Internet Brands owned site. The loading there has been sketchy for a couple of months too.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:29 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

It should be patently obvious to IB at this point that this site's software has a bug in it that started about a month ago that prevents it from working properly with either IE8 or IE9 and either Vista or Windows 7; NO OTHER SITE has this issue.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:58 PM
J T
IB Staff

Originally Posted by JohnZ
It should be patently obvious to IB at this point that this site's software has a bug in it that started about a month ago that prevents it from working properly with either IE8 or IE9 and either Vista or Windows 7; NO OTHER SITE has this issue.
Not entirely sure it's obvious because there are some that have repeatedly said the issue occurs with Firefox and Chrome as well. However, there's also many that had the issue with IE8 or IE9 and then when going to Firefox or Chrome had reported the issue disappearing. Basically, it's mixed and not obvious. Unless there are more than one issue here with some being local and some being remote. The latter has been my suspicion. There are no updates at this time but the issue is being investigated.

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
FWIW, I log in to LS1 Tech every once in a while, which is also an Internet Brands owned site. The loading there has been sketchy for a couple of months too.
I, too, have seen performance concerns on LS1Tech, though I've not experienced them on CF, and have been discussing the issue. Oddly, you'll probably notice there haven't been any recent reports from LS1Tech members in quite some time about performance issues. Nothing at all like what is seen here on CF.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:24 PM
6SPD98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18- '19

Originally Posted by Norm66
Still happening! This is getting to be a real pain. I'll bet there are many others besides those of us who posted here who are experiencing the same problem. Is anyone looking into it?
Add me to this problem.
IE is terrible, freezes within 4 tries
Google chrome is a little better, but still freezes.
and then I get this: "Web address you entered could not be found"
HELP
Old 02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

count me in too, no problems up to a month ago, i'm getting scared to open the forum, once (Twelve times) burned twice shy!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM
J T
IB Staff

The issues being reported in this thread are not related to the issue over 2 weeks ago that resulted in a malicious code being injected. To my knowledge, there hasn't been any further such incidents and I don't believe there have been 12 events, so you may want to make sure your computer is clean, that you didn't pickup anything else somewhere else, and that you do run some sort of security software. Unfortunately it's a growing trend on the Internet to try and infect a well-known, large, website to use as a distribution point. CF was just one of many Internet sites hit with that type of attack. It's more effective than past threats involving relying on the user to open unknown attachments or visit bad sites.

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon
count me in too, no problems up to a month ago, i'm getting scared to open the forum, once (Twelve times) burned twice shy!

Last edited by J T; 02-14-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

To be sure I and at least one other paying member have been having great difficulties in posting to threads...he (John Hinkley aka JohnZ) seem to have similar difficulties which started the same time.

When posting and hitting the submit button the forum stalls for ever and never accepts the posting ... repeatedly hitting the submit button eventually results in 'Connection Reset' condition and your post is lost and must be retyped. About 50% of the time the post eventually goes through. This has happened to me in FireFox and Internet Explorer. I fixed it and have been posting normally for the past two days...

I had to block the following two sites associated with the covette forum in my router (a DLINK 825): 'a.postrelease.com' and 'adserve.postrelease.com'. As soon as I did that my problems cleared up and even this very lengthy post submits instantly with no issues !!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 02-15-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:12 PM
jfr's 63swc
Racer

Well, I tried to block those two sites and then it would not allow me to open the Corvette Forum at all. As frustrating as this whole situation is, that may not be such a bad thing.....

PS I had to allow them back to be able to post this!

Attempt #2

Last edited by jfr's 63swc; 02-15-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:06 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
To be sure I and at least one other paying member have been having great difficulties in posting to threads...he (John Hinkley aka JohnZ) seem to have similar difficulties which started the same time.

When posting and hitting the submit button the forum stalls for ever and never accepts the posting ... repeatedly hitting the submit button eventually results in 'Connection Reset' condition and your post is lost and must be retyped. About 50% of the time the post eventually goes through. This has happened to me in FireFox and Internet Explorer. I fixed it and have been posting normally for the past two days...

I had to block the following two sites associated with the covette forum in my router (a DLINK 825): 'a.postrelease.com' and 'adserve.postrelease.com'. As soon as I did that my problems cleared up and even this very lengthy post submits instantly with no issues !!

Since I'm not that sharp at computer operations, could you be so kind as to explain how I could access where/how I block those two sites? Maybe it would help fix my issues.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

You would have to have the same router that I do for me to explain blocking web sites precisely. However, the more sophisticated hardware has an 'Access Control' option that must be enabled and one of those 'controls' would be the blocking of certain web sites -- there is usually an 'Allow/Deny' option for the sites that you add. If your router has Parental Control features perhaps that can be used.
These changes have to be made using the router's administrator login.

Some personal firewall products (such as Avast Pro) allow blocking of web sites but that doesn't seem to work, at least not with my Avast Pro Firewall. I would never have been able to get even this posting to submit without a huge effort and now I just type away and hit the 'Post Quick Reply' button and off it goes.

I hope this helps others but every instance is unique -- I'm on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 7 Pro using Firefox 10.0.1 and the Avast Pro firewall....access to the internet is via a DLINK 825 dual band router via BrightHouse Internet Service Provider. I also use a freeware product called "Ghostery" to block all of the tracking cookies (the forum has up to 8) EXCEPT for InternetBrands cookie -- that one is necessary for the site to operate properly within your browser.

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 02-15-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:42 AM
jfr's 63swc
Racer

I am not really very computer proficient either, but I was able to block the sites that Frankie mentioned on Windows Internet Explorer using the Tools>Internet Options>Content>Content Advisor>Approved Sites. However, as I noted before, when I did block these two sites, I was not able to access the Forum at all! So unless I missed something, his solution does not work for all applications.

I am open to other suggestions!

(Attempt #3)
Old 02-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

My SWAG theory is that there is some problem with Internet domain name resolution with the two sites that I blocked...and that has to be handled at the 'border' of your home network - e.g. the router before things get passed through to your personal computer. I have confirmed this fix several times over the last day or so. If I allow these sites in my router then I can't submit posts but ONLY to this site...as soon as I block them again all is well.

This should provide a significant clue to the administrators here if they want to tackle a resolution.

Quick Reply: CF server issues?