malware popup only when I visit corvette forum.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 12:54 PM
diitto
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default malware popup only when I visit corvette forum.com

Hi, I've been visiting and posting on the C6 General Discussion forum since I bought a new 2012 Corvette GS in April, 2012. Only recently, I would say over the last month or two, and only when I visit corvetteforum.com (never on any other website) I sometimes get a popup which see in two pictures I've uploaded. I never click on it. Instead I close the entire browser (Safari) and start over. Typically when I come back in to corvette forum.com I don't see the popup again and won't for maybe the next 10 or 20 visits. But then it pops up again.

Note that I work on a Macintosh computer (with Safari web browser) which tend to not be terribly vulnerable (though not immune) to collecting malicious software. And I get separate notices from Oracle now and then to update Java and I always keep it up to date. So the very first time I saw this popup I was pretty sure it was bogus. I did a search on "fixcomputerupdate malware" and quite a bit of information comes up. Again, the key point is i ONLY see it when I visit corvetteforum.com so I'm wondering it might be something you guys might want to address on your end??? I'm just reporting what I'm seeing now and then. Just a heads up.

See two pictures, one is the overarching picture that always comes up when it pops up on corvetteforum.com and the second is just what is behind the Java Recommended picture when you remove that picture so you can read the text. Again, just FYI. thanks.. bob.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: malware popup only when I visit corvette forum.com