YouTube Vids not working??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:46 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default YouTube Vids not working??

After looking at a number of threads that contain YouTube videos, none of the embedded clips are working. Everything was fine yesterday.

The URL of these videos appear to be entered properly as described in this thread here in the Help section.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:53 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Appears to work correctly for me:.

As you probably know, CorvetteForum does not host the content. CorvetteForum merely provides the instruction set for your browser to retrieve and play the video hosted on YouTube. That "instruction set" is widely used on the internet.

Things like Flashblock player plugin, and other 3rd party plugins, can block the process.

Note that the videos likely play directly on YouTube and, if so, that is because YouTube uses different "instruction sets" to play the videos than the ones used for embedding.

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
After looking at a number of threads that contain YouTube videos, none of the embedded clips are working. Everything was fine yesterday.

The URL of these videos appear to be entered properly as described in this thread here in the Help section.
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2015, 02:16 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

NCM Sinkhole Donor

I can understand that, but I have not changed anything on my PC and I was able to click on and view all embedded YouTube vids with no problem up until yesterday.

All I see now in an embedded YouTube video is the header bar with the video title and a shaded rectangle that is empty. Moving the cursor into that area does nothing; no indication that it is a clickable link.

Here's a screen print example of a YouTube video that I have seen as posted on the CF: So far every YT vid I have looked at in any of the threads look like this.

So is there a specific plug-in or add-on that I should re-install or any that I should delete. I have looked at the FireFox list of plug-ins I have and nothing has changed.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:24 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To be upfront, something did change or broke on your PC with or without your knowledge. Lots of things do happen in the background. By default Firefox, the browse you're using, updates in the background. Flash Player can get disabled automatically when it's outdated and/or discovered as insecure. A/V definitions (should) get updated in the background.

The screen capture I provided is from Firefox 36 as that's the browser I use. Your screen capture shows you're using Firefox as well.

Looks like you're atleast running Adblock Plus on your Firefox. Don't know what else you're running. Firefox's standard procedure would request that you restart your browser in Safe mode with ad-ons disabled to see if it works.

Also, Firefox has the following troubleshooting article for when Flash and other plugins doesn't work correctly:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...s-fix-problems

Sorry if this isn't the most helpful, but this would appear to be something with your environment and so we have little control but to provide some references.

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
I can understand that, but I have not changed anything on my PC and I was able to click on and view all embedded YouTube vids with no problem up until yesterday.

All I see now in an embedded YouTube video is the header bar with the video title and a shaded rectangle that is empty. Moving the cursor into that area does nothing; no indication that it is a clickable link.

Here's a screen print example of a YouTube video that I have seen as posted on the CF: So far every YT vid I have looked at in any of the threads look like this.

So is there a specific plug-in or add-on that I should re-install or any that I should delete. I have looked at the FireFox list of plug-ins I have and nothing has changed.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:14 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Did a re-install of Flash and that appeared to work!!

Thanks J T

Get notified of new replies

To YouTube Vids not working??