Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Anyone else having problems with "Remember Me" and it doesn't when you log-in?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 08:21 PM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts

Ok...then let me ask you question...if it was an issue with my PC in the way it handles cookies....why is it just your website? Just like you are saying, if it was our server everyone would have this problem...likewise, if it was my computer then every cookie pasted to me, would have the same problem.

Don't you agree?

Originally Posted by J T
Again, if it was a server issue (which I've said happens from time to time during a maintenance or upgrade that drops the sessions), then every single member on this forum who uses cookies would have the issue as well as myself. As far as myself, having an Administrator account does not give me priority or immunity to this.

I don't know how else to say this, but this case is not a server issue and there isn't a lot that we can do from our end when it's not within our end. Even when that is the case, we try (within reason and ability) to help the member when it's user-end.

Regarding your preview issue, that is a browser function that uses the "title" element. We, and any other website that uses the title element for a tooltip, have almost no direct control over that behavior.

It is well known that different browsers behave differently with how the title element is displayed.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:31 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't agree. Because there is one well known way for which only one site might not work correctly, in regard to cookies, while other sites may work correctly. "Corrupt cookies". Just one "corrupt cookie" can occur to cause an issue with just one site. Because each website generally uses multiple cookies, only one site might have a problem if there's just one corrupt cookie - for that site. In those cases, manually deleting the cookie for the site will generally resolve the issue. The cookies for the site must be deleted, using a script to log out is not the same.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:51 PM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

Yes, I agree, IF a person has a corrupt cookie, certainly what you state can happen, but this is not the case here...as I have stated, this forum is the ONLY site I have this problem with...and I have deleted my cookies.
You say it's my computer, I'm saying it's your server. I'll dive into this further and get more information, but I personally think it's your scripting not handing cookies for say Windows 8.1 Pro/64 bit/ IE11/ Java Version 7 Update 45 / or something.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:32 AM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Received 212 Likes on 113 Posts

This is happening to me as well. Annoying, and the ads that come up because I'm not logged in, almost lock up my browser. I'm quickly loosing my patience with this situation.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:59 AM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

Yes, I agree. If you are not logged in, you get "SPAMMED" to death with videos and Advertisements. Even if you are logged in, you get your share of Ad's.

I don't think they are considering that not everyone has high-speed internet and it can lock your computer up until all the "stuff" loads.
I tried to type something and it took like 10 seconds for each character to show up.
To fix the "cookie" thing...In IE 11.
Go to Tools -> Delete Browser History and uncheck "Cookies and Website data". What is strange is that I have a Window 7's computer and it's checked and I don't have this problem on that computer.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:17 PM
AdamMeh
Melting Slicks

Received 212 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by jusplainwacky
Yes, I agree. If you are not logged in, you get "SPAMMED" to death with videos and Advertisements. Even if you are logged in, you get your share of Ad's.

I don't think they are considering that not everyone has high-speed internet and it can lock your computer up until all the "stuff" loads.
I tried to type something and it took like 10 seconds for each character to show up.
To fix the "cookie" thing...In IE 11.
Go to Tools -> Delete Browser History and uncheck "Cookies and Website data". What is strange is that I have a Window 7's computer and it's checked and I don't have this problem on that computer.
I have my browser set to delete history & cookies each time I close the program (but not active logins).

The ads and such are crazy. I'm running a i7 processor, 2gb video card, 50meg down cable connection etc., and it still lags my computer. I do video editing and production graphic design on this PC - no reason it should lag at all just loading a forums.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:24 PM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

If you have your cookies set to delete each time...then don't. That's your problem.

Also, I am very grateful for this forum and those that maintain it for all of us....FOR FREE. One has to consider this when dealing with problems.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:19 PM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

I just logged out and tried to log back in. It took me over 3 minutes for the website to take my user name and password. I restarted IE twice...use CCleaner....and tried it again...same thing. I received "corvetteforum.com not responding" periodically....then after waiting another 3 minutes, while it loaded all the BS...I was FINALLY able to log in.
Amazing that they are pushing so many ad's that a person can't even log in cause the browser is so busy.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 983 Likes on 711 Posts

All I know is I am having issues with only this forum, I am on ACE corvette forum, Mustangs, Challengers, Toyota ect and no problems. I come to this forum and my computer goes crazy, !ocking up, won't remember me, cursor jumping all over and spinning sign plus in the address bar it says corvette forum not responding????? I have run Norton scans numerous times to no avail, I was going to take my computer in for diagnose but think I will wait. Don't know what to do?????
BTW I'm on my little tablet posting this cause I can't on my PC, confused as heck
NSF
Old 08-02-2015, 05:24 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The original issue reported in this thread was about the Remember Me not working for one member. This was not a server side issue but instead was an issue with the member's settings.

You're reporting two different issues. If you're not being remembered when you revisit CorvetteForum, it's one or more of the following:

1) Your browser is set to delete cookies on exist. If cookies are deleted, you will not be remembered. There's an option to preserve cookies for websites you marked as a Favorite or not which also can account for different behavior across different sites.
2) You're manually deleting cookies.
3) You have a 3rd party program that is deleting cookies.
4) You have a corrupt cookie. Because websites generally use their own multiple cookies per website, one corrupt cookie for one website will cause the issue for one website only. The fix for that is deleting all your CorvetteForum cookies which is not the the same as using the Log Out. If you use the browser's built-in script to delete cookies and you have CorvetteForum marked as a Favorite, you must deselect the preserve favorites data or the cookies won't be deleted and you will continue to have the same issue.

The issue with the forum locking up is not related to the above and appears to be an ad issue. We have an open thread about that here:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-up-my-pc.html

I'm locking this thread since the original topic of this thread was resolved and having multiple threads open for the same topic makes it difficult to update and keep tabs on.

Thank-you.

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
All I know is I am having issues with only this forum, I am on ACE corvette forum, Mustangs, Challengers, Toyota ect and no problems. I come to this forum and my computer goes crazy, !ocking up, won't remember me, cursor jumping all over and spinning sign plus in the address bar it says corvette forum not responding????? I have run Norton scans numerous times to no avail, I was going to take my computer in for diagnose but think I will wait. Don't know what to do?????
BTW I'm on my little tablet posting this cause I can't on my PC, confused as heck
NSF

Quick Reply: Anyone else having problems with "Remember Me" and it doesn't when you log-in?