Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Cant upload Profile picture

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 07:33 PM
MikesRed68
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Cant upload Profile picture

Hello and help ...I can not upload my profile picture. Even though i uploaded my album pictures. I am doing it the same way from my pics from my computer like i did it to upload my album photos . Please help.. thank u ..Mike It keeps saying UPLOAD FILE FAILED

Last edited by MikesRed68; 03-14-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:38 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're likely trying to upload too large of a file. An avatar and profile picture are like thumbnails. You can't upload a large file and have it work. You need to resize the photo.

Please also make sure to review the Help Guide:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...elp-guide.html

Originally Posted by MikesRed68
Hello and help ...I can not upload my profile picture. Even though i uploaded my album pictures. I am doing it the same way from my pics from my computer like i did it to upload my album photos . Please help.. thank u ..Mike It keeps saying UPLOAD FILE FAILED
Old 03-14-2017, 08:59 PM
MikesRed68
Racer

Originally Posted by J T
You're likely trying to upload too large of a file. An avatar and profile picture are like thumbnails. You can't upload a large file and have it work. You need to resize the photo.

Please also make sure to review the Help Guide:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...elp-guide.html
JT. Do u know how to resize a photo? I looked at your posts and cant find anything about that.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:01 PM
MikesRed68
Racer

JT. Do u know how to resize a photo? I looked at your posts and cant find anything about that.
Also i did upload my album pics with no problem. Aint that the same as uploading the profile pic? They were the same size as the album pics.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:55 PM
J T
IB Staff

No, like I said, Avatar and Profile pictures are thumbnail sizes. The pictures you uploaded to the Album are way different (large).

Resizing pictures is a bit beyond the scope of a Corvette Forum, but if you learn to resize pictures the process can be used well outside of this forum.

Otherwise, post the picture you want used for the Avatar and Profile and maybe someone (or myself) will resize and change it for you.

Again, please make sure to read the Help Guide I linked. You asked for a profile picture. That is not going to display next to your posts. That is called an Avatar. The Help Guide that I linked explains that common mistake. A profile picture is only going to display if someone views your profile page - such as it does on your profile page in the left part of your profile page:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ikesred68.html

Also i did upload my album pics with no problem. Aint that the same as uploading the profile pic? They were the same size as the album pics.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:51 AM
MikesRed68
Racer

Hi JT...I understand what u are saying now. I did try to do what u said but still cant get it resized. I really am not a computer person guy . I do have a profile pic posted but like i said i cant upload it . Would u PLEASE do me a favor please and try to resize it and change it for me like u said. I really do appeciate it JT. Mike
Old 03-15-2017, 10:01 AM
J T
IB Staff

Done.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:00 AM
MikesRed68
Racer

Originally Posted by j t
done.
thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!