Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Cheap eats

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:14 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by RareSS9596
Shame is there really isn't a great food place in Brooklyn that can hold too many Vettes. Parking at R-n-R always sucked. Never put any of my cars in their lot. We would have to get there the night before. LOL.
I see you're from Oceanside. In my teens, we would go out from Sheepshead Bay, where I grew up, to Motion to see what they were working on. Then we'd go to Nathan's in Oceanside to cruise. It was a huge hangout back then.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:32 AM
07Vette4me
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBlueDevil
Thanks for your input.

I'll add WO-Hop on Mott St. and "69" Bayard St. in Chinatown / Little Italy

cheers:
The best Chinese food I've ever had. Little hole in the wall place but the best food!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:41 AM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We can do Lundy's or Randazzos in Sheepshead Bay and park our cars across the bay in Manhattan Beach on my parents block.....very safe there.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:10 PM
RareSS9596
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by striper
I see you're from Oceanside. In my teens, we would go out from Sheepshead Bay, where I grew up, to Motion to see what they were working on. Then we'd go to Nathan's in Oceanside to cruise. It was a huge hangout back then.
Funny I grew up in Flatlands, Brooklyn. In my teens when we cut out of high school we ended up at either Motion or Nathan's Oceanside. A few years after I got married I bought a new 1986 Monte Carlo SS. I went to motion and spoke to Joel Rosen about doing a cam and headers. First he asked me how much I wanted to spend and the next thing he told me was that a cam and headers would make the car slower. Guess he wanted me to go for a big block or something. My mom now lives in Sheepshead bay on Knapp St. I used to go fishing off the party boats in the bay. Still love Brooklyn. No place like it. My shop is downtown Brooklyn and I'm here every day.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:20 PM
RareSS9596
Pro

Originally Posted by Pewtavert
We can do Lundy's or Randazzos in Sheepshead Bay and park our cars across the bay in Manhattan Beach on my parents block.....very safe there.
The other side of the little foot bridge? I went to Kingsborough for a short time. Sounds like a plan. Only thing is I hear is that Lundy's isn't anywhere as good as they were back in the day. Spent many a Sunday afternoon with my pop sharing a bowl of steamers and a couple of beers. I ate in Randazzo's for the first time in about 35 years this past summer. Took my son for the first time. Food was as good as I remembered as a teen only I spent a fortune and we both lefty hungry. But I'm open to doing it anyway as I'm still a Brooklyn kid at heart. Or we can do R-N-R. It would be great to do a Brooklyn get together thing on a nice sunday afternoon. (when the weather cooperates).
Old 03-07-2007, 06:27 PM
RareSS9596
Pro

Roll 'n Roaster is closing? Yeah, the parking always sucked. I remember now that I worked there when I was 18 bussing tables. Their food was really good.
Thats what I heard a few months ago. I think it's to make way for more condos or co-ops. Their food is almost the same as I remember it. I think I still have a pen from their 10th anniversary. The place is an institution.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:50 PM
BigBlueDevil
Racer

The other side of the little foot bridge? I went to Kingsborough for a short time. Sounds like a plan. Only thing is I hear is that Lundy's isn't anywhere as good as they were back in the day. Spent many a Sunday afternoon with my pop sharing a bowl of steamers and a couple of beers. I ate in Randazzo's for the first time in about 35 years this past summer. Took my son for the first time. Food was as good as I remembered as a teen only I spent a fortune and we both lefty hungry. But I'm open to doing it anyway as I'm still a Brooklyn kid at heart. Or we can do R-N-R. It would be great to do a Brooklyn get together thing on a nice sunday afternoon. (when the weather cooperates).

Sounds like a plan!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:57 PM
YellowZ06Fever
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Go to Embers in Bay Ridge. Great steaks that rival Lugers at half the price (get the T-bone sliced). The other food is good too. A small bar restaurant.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:48 PM
RareSS9596
Pro

Sounds like a plan!
Keep me informed. Lets try and get a few more interested. It would make a nice afternoon.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:01 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

An ex-Brooklynite get-together sounds like a cool idea. Where would everyone like to go? R'nR, Nathan's? I don't have any desire to ever move back there, I like living in the sticks, where there are bears in your backyard, not vandals. But Brooklyn was the greatest place to come from.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:06 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

In re-reading my last post, I apologize in advance if I offended anyone still living in Brooklyn. I was just trying to be funny. To tell the truth, it's kinda freaky seeing a bear or coyote in your backyard. I have to keep my garbage cans in the garage since we've had bears destroy them a couple of times looking for food.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
SpeedyGjr
Burning Brakes

If you want to try Roll-N-Roaster better hurry. Rumor has it that their days are numbered. .
Its just a rumor Roll n Roaster is here to stay but Lundy's is History!!!!!!!

Last edited by SpeedyGjr; 03-08-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:26 PM
RareSS9596
Pro

Originally Posted by SpeedyGjr
Its just a rumor Roll n Roaster is here to stay but Lundy's is History!!!!!!!
Great to hear, hope it's true. Lundy's should have stayed a part of history after the first time it closed. Everyone I know who tried the new Lundy's told me not to bother going there.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:38 PM
BigBlueDevil
Racer

Dinosaur BBQ on Union st. Between 3rd Ave & 4th Ave. closer to 3rd!!!

This thread is back from the dead!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Which place has better food for the buck in BROOKLYN?

Rocco's Calamari (Fort Ham.Pkwy & 65th St)

Lenny & John's (Flatbush Ave. near Flatlands Ave.)

Sbbarro's (65th St. & 17th Ave.)

L & B Spumoni Gardens (86th St. past Ave. U)

Casa Bella (Cropsey Ave. near 26th Ave.?) TIA
Add Casa Calamari on 86th a minute from L& B.
L&B is always a keeper great food, great crowd and if you like Spumoni, well that just the topping on their greatness.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Dinosaur BBQ on Union st. Between 3rd Ave & 4th Ave. closer to 3rd!!!

This thread is back from the dead!!!
just realized how old it is lol.
Dino BBQ is real good was there in May. There are so many BBQ joints popping up.
Brisket Town is a must try on Bedford Ave. Williamsburg
Old 09-15-2015, 02:35 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Are we reviving this thread? I could be up for a ride to Brooklyn and visiting my old stomping grounds. It's been a real long time since I've been in Brooklyn. I went to Boro Park to meet my sister and mother visiting relatives still living there. When I got off the Verrazano at Fort Hamilton I thought I took an exit into Beijing. What a shock! Anyone know if Brennan & Carr or Roll 'n Roaster are still around? Did the original Nathan's rebuild after Sandy? I thought someone told me L&B is out of business.

Get notified of new replies

To Cheap eats

Old 09-23-2015, 12:27 AM
BigBlueDevil
Racer

Are we reviving this thread? I could be up for a ride to Brooklyn and visiting my old stomping grounds. It's been a real long time since I've been in Brooklyn. I went to Boro Park to meet my sister and mother visiting relatives still living there. When I got off the Verrazano at Fort Hamilton I thought I took an exit into Beijing. What a shock! Anyone know if Brennan & Carr or Roll 'n Roaster are still around? Did the original Nathan's rebuild after Sandy? I thought someone told me L&B is out of business.

More like Shanghai!

Brennan & Carr / Roll & Roaster are still going strong. Nathan's no problemo.

L&B greasy squares ain't going nowhere...
Old 07-24-2019, 02:43 PM
BigBlueDevil
Racer

Default Thread resurrection! LOL

Any updates? I just got out of prison!😁
The following users liked this post:
rasacrystal08 (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 10:35 PM
striper
Le Mans Master

Just rereading this thread once again, getting hungry while wishing I wasn't in Florida. I'd love to try any one of those places again. Moved to south Fla almost a month ago. Having withdrawal pains missing Sussex County, NJ. I tried hitting a lot of my favorite food stops before I left.

Quick Reply: Cheap eats