Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2012 Jeep Liberty Owners, slide roof....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:58 AM
krackenvette
Race Director

Received 163 Likes on 110 Posts

Default 2012 Jeep Liberty Owners, slide roof....

Since I travel allot, I am concerned for the slide roof in car washes that have soft cloth and somewhat high pressure rinse cycle. Anyone have issues, recommendations for this vehicle?
Also, any possible way to increase gas mileage on this thing... Man is it thirsty....12-17mpg city/hwy.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:03 AM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I don't own a Liberty but I can tell you that a reputable soft cloth car wash should not be an issue to take your vehicle through. Obviously hand washing is the best way to wash but for a DD that is getting a lot of use it's not always the feasible way to go. As far as your fuel economy goes...... I would suggest maybe getting on the Jeep owner's forums or fuelly.com and see what others are getting for real world mileage. I just looked at fuelly.com and you seem to be on the low side if your are anywhere near 12mpg's (I get close to 11mpg's city in my H2). Most people are up in the 16-18mpg range for average MPG. You may need to look at things like tire pressure, if you are driving around a fully loaded vehicle (cargo, not options) and the most important is your driving habits/style. Things like hard acceleration/aggressive driving, try looking further ahead and time your acceleration as to not have to come to a complete stop at traffic lights, using a steady throttle on the highway instead of being on/off the throttle helps. If you are already being very conscience of these things and still getting that low of mileage it might be time to have the dealer look at your vehicle.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:28 AM
krackenvette
Race Director

MVR, My wife drives this 99% of the time. Mileage is about normal apparently. Not much hope for this thing. 26k miles, semi synthetic oil, tire pressure 35 psi, alignemnet just done. We/She does use the AC in SC of course.
Car washing is the big thing. There is one we found down the road that does hand wash, n dry etc for 30 bucks. Might have to use that to keep it clean, as it is a dark Ruby color..
Old 10-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Zee0hSix
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krackenvette
Since I travel allot, I am concerned for the slide roof in car washes that have soft cloth and somewhat high pressure rinse cycle. Anyone have issues, recommendations for this vehicle?
Also, any possible way to increase gas mileage on this thing... Man is it thirsty....12-17mpg city/hwy.
My 300 HP, 4,500 pound, Acura SUV gives me an average of 20 MPG, hard to believe a little puddle jumper gets such crappy MPG.

I remember reading that the Liberty got one of the all time lowest scores in Consumer Reports. I would get rid of that pig.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:18 PM
krackenvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by Zee0hSix
My 300 HP, 4,500 pound, Acura SUV gives me an average of 20 MPG, hard to believe a little puddle jumper gets such crappy MPG.

I remember reading that the Liberty got one of the all time lowest scores in Consumer Reports. I would get rid of that pig.
Thanks for the nice compliments..You drive a Honda/Acura, it should be more efficient than the Jeep Liberty which is a different type of vehicle. One that actually goes off road, vs a pretty suv..
Old 10-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Zee0hSix

Mmmm, our 4600 lb, all wheel drive RX400h is averaging 26 mpg. 0-60 mph is in 6.6 seconds.

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Jeep Liberty Owners, slide roof....

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Liberty Owners, slide roof....