Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Question for the electrical experts - 2010 Sentra

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:42 AM
kaz1961
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question for the electrical experts - 2010 Sentra

While driving my 2010 Sentra the other day the radio went dead twice (it came back on by itself after a few seconds each time), then later that day when my wife used it the radio stayed on when she shut the car down. We had to turn the ignition switch on and off a couple of times and the radio went off. Next day the battery was dead. Do you think its possible that the radio could have come on when the car was turned off and drained the battery? I had the battery tested and it tests good, the alternator tests good also. I used a meter to test for a parasitic draw and get a constant reading of .5 amps, is that too much amperage to be drawing with the car off? I removed the radio fuse and still get the .5 amp draw. Any ideas?
Old 10-22-2014, 03:20 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Yes, .5 amps is too much of a constant draw. You should always wait 10 minutes after shutdown, as some cars will gradually draw down current after shutdown. Have you tried pulling other fuses? Also, search the internet for a similar occurrence. If all else fails, consider taking your car to an auto-electric shop.