Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New Competition? The $84,600 Porsche Cayman GT4

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:46 PM
baron95
Racer

Received 271 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave
Rumors say that only 600 are going to make their way over to the U.S.A.

Hope it's a bit more than that.
I spoke to dealer principal today. They now expect the first cars to get to the US no earlier than July, most likely September, and second allocation only December or January.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by baron95
I spoke to dealer principal today. They now expect the first cars to get to the US no earlier than July, most likely September, and second allocation only December or January.

I got the same feed back from my dealer also, so that's a summer without a track car for me.....again......

Guess I will have to roll race or drag with my Hellcat....but that's not here yet either...

My build will look similar to this and came in right at 90K.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Hemi Dave; 02-15-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:46 AM
baron95
Racer

Received 271 Likes on 140 Posts

I got the same feed back from my dealer also, so that's a summer without a track car for me.....again......

Guess I will have to roll race or drag with my Hellcat....but that's not here yet either...

My build will look similar to this and came in right at 90K.
Beautiful in red/black. But that looks like it has PCCB - how did you get it around $90K with that?

I'll be using a combination of my Mustang and rented race cars until the GT4 arrives (if I make the allocation).

My order came in at $91,035 with destination. Only options were Agate Grey, Full bucket seats, plus the no-cost extended fuel tank.

But on further reflection, I may add CDR Plus, fire extinguisher and 2-zone automatic climate control, for a total of $93,635. Which with sales tax put it slightly over $100K.

I'm just not sure I'll be able to wait this long without a new sports car - I have the itch

Will look like this:

Old 02-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by baron95
Beautiful in red/black. But that looks like it has PCCB - how did you get it around $90K with that?

I'll be using a combination of my Mustang and rented race cars until the GT4 arrives (if I make the allocation).

My order came in at $91,035 with destination. Only options were Agate Grey, Full bucket seats, plus the no-cost extended fuel tank.

But on further reflection, I may add CDR Plus, fire extinguisher and 2-zone automatic climate control, for a total of $93,635. Which with sales tax put it slightly over $100K.

I'm just not sure I'll be able to wait this long without a new sports car - I have the itch

My picture was a chop, that's why I said it would look "similar"....

My options were:
Satin black rims
Nav (dealer talked me into it for resale in the future...but 3k is an ouch...damn )
black spoiler supports
Fire extinguisher
Red seat belts

$89,735....$97,870 after taxes

I am an over 200lbs bodybuilder so I am not sure those buckets would be the best choice for me....lol ....but sometimes I think about trading out the Nav for the buckets.

Last edited by Hemi Dave; 02-16-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Snake Plissken
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove a slightly modded Cayman on track (was tuned, exhaust, racing cats etc, just normal bolt on stuff) and it was quite impressive. One big problem though, just the stigma of driving a Cayman, imo it flat out handled and drove better then the 911 but if I had to choose between the two not sure I could buy the Cayman. Their all over the place down here and for years has appeared to be majority chick owners, but at least it looks better now, it used to look completely neutered like a girls car before. And you can't help but think of Porsche gimping the car while driving it, which they did. If they were to stick the GT3 block in the Caymen it would embarrass the GT3 let alone the 911 class, but they'll never do that.

Hmmm now that has me thinking, imagine sending your engine to Sharkwerks for a build, car would be absolutely nutz on track lol. That would be a blast to drive.

Last edited by Snake Plissken; 02-17-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:51 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
I drove a slightly modded Cayman on track (was tuned, exhaust, racing cats etc, just normal bolt on stuff) and it was quite impressive. One big problem though, just the stigma of driving a Cayman, imo it flat out handled and drove better then the 911 but if I had to choose between the two not sure I could buy the Cayman. Their all over the place down here and for years has appeared to be majority chick owners, but at least it looks better now, it used to look completely neutered like a girls car before. And you can't help but think of Porsche gimping the car while driving it, which they did. If they were to stick the GT3 block in the Caymen it would embarrass the GT3 let alone the 911 class, but they'll never do that.

Hmmm now that has me thinking, imagine sending your engine to Sharkwerks for a build, car would be absolutely nutz on track lol. That would be a blast to drive.
I felt the same way about the previous gen Caymans.....chickish car......lol.

I like the current gen.....finally looks like a car a man can drive...but too low on power.....and not hardcore enough.

Now the GT4 solves all that for me...

I personally think the GT4 is one of the best looking cars Porsche has ever sculpted.

The very aggressive body work, probably over 400HP and GT3 lowered suspension, brakes and cup 2 tires on wider rims and rubber, makes it only a hardcore track car to me now.

I think the GT4 is now too hardcore for most men to consider owning.

The GT4 is the only Cayman I would even think about owning

.....and I am pretty confident it will vanquish most 911's on the track except for the 991 GT3 and Turbos (with cups)

I am betting that would erase that "Cayman stigma" for at least the GT4 version
Attached Images  

Last edited by Hemi Dave; 02-23-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Last edited by Hemi Dave; 03-03-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:40 PM
mjcourt
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm #2 on the allocation list for a GT4. At least I have something to hold me over during the wait.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

^^^ Lookin good!!!^^^^
Old 03-11-2015, 08:47 AM
alamike
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

http://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-ca...man-gt4-video/

Chris Harris video in link has some interesting footage showing the underneath of the GT4.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:58 PM
gary0006
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Track-only Porsche Cayman GT4 spied

From the article:
We are not sure of what to make of this but chances are this is a track-only version of the recently introduced Cayman GT4. The prototype was spotted undergoing some intense testing at the Monza circuit in Italy and it appears to adopt a lower suspension and rides on race-spec lightweight wheels wrapped around in racing slicks.

4 pictures and video in the gallery

Old 04-13-2015, 04:27 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm supposedly getting one too. Was emailed a few weeks ago that I had moved up to #3 on the deposit list at a very large DFW dealer and they will be calling me soon to confirm my build for a production slot.

I'm keeping my ZR1, but this will be a very different and very fun evening/weekend/track toy if I actually get it. The dealership has been proactively communicating with me without me contacting them first, so I'm hopeful I'll get it.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
I'm supposedly getting one too. Was emailed a few weeks ago that I had moved up to #3 on the deposit list at a very large DFW dealer and they will be calling me soon to confirm my build for a production slot.

I'm keeping my ZR1, but this will be a very different and very fun evening/weekend/track toy if I actually get it. The dealership has been proactively communicating with me without me contacting them first, so I'm hopeful I'll get it.

I didn't get an allocation yet, but I am hopeful I will.

At least I finally got news my Hellcat is finally coming in late May
Old 04-13-2015, 08:34 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

My picture was a chop, that's why I said it would look "similar"....

My options were:
Satin black rims
Nav (dealer talked me into it for resale in the future...but 3k is an ouch...damn )
black spoiler supports
Fire extinguisher
Red seat belts

$89,735....$97,870 after taxes

I am an over 200lbs bodybuilder so I am not sure those buckets would be the best choice for me....lol ....but sometimes I think about trading out the Nav for the buckets.
I'm 6'1'' 235# (lift but not bodybuilder) and fit in the LW buckets in my GT3 just fine...I think you really NEED to get these seats, definitely worth it and I would feel like I left something out if I didn't get them

Old 04-13-2015, 08:39 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Here's a cool RL thread to give you an idea of real life GT4's color combo's

http://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/86753...en-before.html
Old 04-13-2015, 09:10 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=05dsom;1589409670]I'm 6'1'' 235# (lift but not bodybuilder) and fit in the LW buckets in my GT3 just fine...I think you really NEED to get these seats, definitely worth it and I would feel like I left something out if I didn't get them
QUOTE]

I changed my mind about a month ago and decided to go with the buckets.....but this make me feel even better about it
Old 04-14-2015, 09:19 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I would be considering one if I was in the market, as this thing can't NOT be awesome

I don't understand the fanboys even a little bit

Get notified of new replies

To New Competition? The $84,600 Porsche Cayman GT4

Old 04-14-2015, 03:49 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I didn't get an allocation yet, but I am hopeful I will.

At least I finally got news my Hellcat is finally coming in late May
Dude, I drove a buddy's brand new Hellcat Charger (4-door, 8-speed auto) this past weekend. The engine is a FREAKING MONSTER. I cannot describe the unholy sound coming out of the exhaust at WOT. You will love it. It also bangs shift at WOT like it's trying to break the transmission. D: The car is really awesome.

The interior is nice too with all kinds of screens, gauges, display settings, configuration settings, etc. I was really impressed with the car. MOPAR is stepping up their game big time.

Oh, btw, he dyno'd it at 21CMC here in Dallas and it put down 670rwhp bone stock with about 250 miles on it. Yep, 707hp is underrated, which is what everyone is reporting. Nice job, MOPAR!
Old 04-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Dude, I drove a buddy's brand new Hellcat Charger (4-door, 8-speed auto) this past weekend. The engine is a FREAKING MONSTER. I cannot describe the unholy sound coming out of the exhaust at WOT. You will love it. It also bangs shift at WOT like it's trying to break the transmission. D: The car is really awesome.

The interior is nice too with all kinds of screens, gauges, display settings, configuration settings, etc. I was really impressed with the car. MOPAR is stepping up their game big time.

Oh, btw, he dyno'd it at 21CMC here in Dallas and it put down 670rwhp bone stock with about 250 miles on it. Yep, 707hp is underrated, which is what everyone is reporting. Nice job, MOPAR!
Old 04-17-2015, 09:51 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Ring lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB9qJlpHvEs#t=22

Quick Reply: New Competition? The $84,600 Porsche Cayman GT4