Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Where do you go to for tire replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 02:35 PM
TonyCool
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Where do you go to for tire replacement?

I'm in need of new rubber and I'm trying to decide where to have them installed on the east side (Kirkland, Bellevue, Redmond) in WA.

The best price I have found is tirerack and they have a bunch of installers on the eastside:

Omni Brake & Alignment
Firestone Complete Auto Care
Eastside Automotive & Tire
Elliott Tire & Service
Tru Line Bellevue INC
Auto Dynamix LLC
Goodyear Auto Svc Ctr #8837

Non of which I'm familiar with.

Costco also has a good price and I find their road hazard warranty appealing but I'm hesitant to get them installed there. Has anyone installed their corvette tires at the Costco in Kirkland and if so how was your experience?

Do you have any recommendations as to where you guys shop for tires and where to go to for tire installation on the east side?

Thanks,

Tony

Last edited by TonyCool; 01-15-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:05 PM
2000 Vette Guy
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I bought a set of Bridgestone's earlier this summer at Costco. Price was the best I was able to find. The service was outstanding, the guys took extreme care and didn't leave a mark on anything. I would highly recommend them.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:08 PM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts

Do NOT let Costco people touch your wheels. A Corvette is WAY too nice of a vehicle to get thrown into, and spit outta that place, but maybe the wife's Kia. I know it's farther North than your looking at, but competition tire in Marysville has NEVER damaged any wheels I've put through there, and I have put a lot of different wheels through their shop; ultra thin wall, large diameter, drag radials, 33" mickey thompsons, comp-R's, and even a few sets of stretched tires, chrome wheels, painted, doesn't matter. Food for thought.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:39 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyCool
Costco also has a good price and I find their road hazard warranty appealing but I'm hesitant to get them installed there. Has anyone installed their corvette tires at the Costco in Kirkland and if so how was your experience?

Do you have any recommendations as to where you guys shop for tires and where to go to for tire installation on the east side?

Thanks,

Tony
I am also negative about COSTCO. I tried COSTCO in E Wenatchee for a leaking run-flat on my home from Chelan. The manager there was a Corvette owner and did everything he could to help, but he says to me that COSTCO's policy on run-flats is not to repair, or service them. I presume they will sell you a set, but who knows what they will do from that point on? I suppose if you're not going to get run-flats, it may not matter.

I did however, buy a set of run-flat Michelin pilot sports from Discount tire in Redmond. I was very happy with both the price and the service. One thingI would watch for - and this may be true of other shops - is their extra warranty at - in my case - $40 per tire. The regular warranty still applies but I seem to recall there was some time and/or mileage limitations, probably pro-rated. I declined since I drive only < 4K per year. BTW, the COSTCO guy told me thy have a price-match "guarantee" with Tire Rack so if you do choose COSTCO, be sure to ask them about it. If memory serves I believe I paid about $1500 for a complete set.

Otherwise everything was fine. They had to order the tires for me, but it took only 3 days.

BTW, for any of you considering staying with run-flats when you replace your tires, the Michelins are much quieter than the OEM Goodyears. I had considered replacing them with non-run flats, but after making it all the way back from Chelan on my deflating run-flat by adding air at every town on Hwy 2 with an air hose, I'm sold on them (RF's) now.

Last edited by last901; 01-07-2016 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:42 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Discount Tire in Redmond near the 202 has flush lifts so they can take lowered cars. I use them for my Z and my M3...
Old 01-08-2016, 05:19 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 166 Posts

TruLine lifted some paint on my wheels, but otherwise did a good job with both an alignment and road force balance.

You might consider Cantrell motorsports. Check the threads but I think there is a Discount Tire in Kirkland or Redmond that comes highly regarded.

The main issue is does the shop have a hunter road force balancer on hand. This machine really helps to get wide tires balanced properly.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Mwtpde
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have had excellent luck with Truline in Bellevue. I use Tire Rack and ship them to Truline. They work on a lot of high end cars and take a lot of care with the wheels. My friends take their Porsches there as well and have also had good results. I have also used Firestone in Redmond and would not recommend them. They mounted my tires backwards on 3 out of the 4 wheels the one time I tried them.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:19 PM
Johnz02Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I live in Everett and go to Les Schwab by Silver Lake on 112th. I buy all tires from tirerack.com and take them there.
They have always done good work for me.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:51 AM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by Mwtpde
I have had excellent luck with Truline in Bellevue. I use Tire Rack and ship them to Truline. They work on a lot of high end cars and take a lot of care with the wheels. My friends take their Porsches there as well and have also had good results. I have also used Firestone in Redmond and would not recommend them. They mounted my tires backwards on 3 out of the 4 wheels the one time I tried them.
Originally Posted by Johnz02Z06
I live in Everett and go to Les Schwab by Silver Lake on 112th. I buy all tires from tirerack.com and take them there.
They have always done good work for me.

Thank You !!!
Old 01-16-2016, 02:15 PM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Omni knows specialty cars and has the knowledge AND equipment to handle any wheel without damage. 8 years ago I had built a show VW with lowered and custom built suspension and they did the alignment, tire mounting (custom wheels) and identified a potential problem with a new ball joint. ($50 to them fixed it). Honest people there too! BTW, I now buy my tires form Tirebuyer.com. With their specials they always beat TireRack and others.

Last edited by 00Midnight; 01-16-2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: add new info

Get notified of new replies

To Where do you go to for tire replacement?

Quick Reply: Where do you go to for tire replacement?