Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Scraped rocker panel... "Options" please.. pic's.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:23 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Default Scraped rocker panel... "Options" please.. pic's.

GM wants $1850.00 to replace, repaint.. and i am not even sure if they will do it perfectly. rocker panels are on back order and could take some time. I refuse to even drive my vette looking like this!!

How bout simply repairing the fiberglass, repainting? anyone have similar experience? thanks in advance.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
0Road-Race Vette
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That rocker can be repaired(from what I can see in the pics). Try going somewhere else and getting another estimate.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:55 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Road-Race Vette
That rocker can be repaired(from what I can see in the pics). Try going somewhere else and getting another estimate.
The damage shown in your photo does not appear to be so bad that it requires a new panel installed.

"DUB"
Old 08-04-2010, 11:59 PM
AlexVette505
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have similar damage on my rocker but its hidden. You can only see it if you look under the car. I would try and call some shops and ask how much they would charge to repaint the rocker. The damage doesnt seem deep to need a new panel. Good luck
Old 09-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Greg F
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
GM wants $1850.00 to replace, repaint.. and i am not even sure if they will do it perfectly. rocker panels are on back order and could take some time. I refuse to even drive my vette looking like this!!

How bout simply repairing the fiberglass, repainting? anyone have similar experience? thanks in advance.

I had mine repainted this past spring, same basic stuff, previous owner hit a curb or something during a turn. I also had the mirrors re-done, but all in was less than 600 dollars from a vette restoration shop.

Get notified of new replies

To Scraped rocker panel... "Options" please.. pic's.

Quick Reply: Scraped rocker panel... "Options" please.. pic's.