Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

caliper painting/powdercoat

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 01:21 PM
GJK21
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default caliper painting/powdercoat

I have a 2003 anniversary convertible and I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago. I am looking for a shop that will paint and/or powdercoat my calipers. Any and all suggestions and recommendations are welcome. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2014, 05:02 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by GJK21
I have a 2003 anniversary convertible and I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago. I am looking for a shop that will paint and/or powdercoat my calipers. Any and all suggestions and recommendations are welcome. Thanks!
I myself would not paint them...the paint WILL fail in time. WHY...because most people do not PROPERLY CLEAN and prep the caliper so the paint will stick...and like when I am at a Corvette function and they have a DIY caliper painting 'class'...so-to-speak.... people are painting the calipers on the car...I just shake my head and walk away. I have written it NUMEROUS times.....it is that 1/1,000,000th of an inch of crap that will prevent materials to adhere properly and fail.....so the PREP is PARAMOUNT.

AS for powder coating....the calipers will need to be completely dis-assembled. Very rarely do I get customers that are willing to pay for this entire process. Most of them buy calipers that are ready to install and send theirs in as core if required.

DUB

Quick Reply: caliper painting/powdercoat