Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Polyester bonding agents

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 08:03 AM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Polyester bonding agents

I will be bonding the one piece front end to the 1966 and trying evercoat 994 What is the longest working time anyone has achieved and still had full cure?
Old 01-05-2015, 05:48 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by ptwohey
I will be bonding the one piece front end to the 1966 and trying evercoat 994 What is the longest working time anyone has achieved and still had full cure?
3 days to totally cure.....and a team of horses could not pull it off.

Just because they give you a small tube of hardener DOES NOT mean you use it all. AS I have written before on numerous other posts...do a test and measure it out that way you will know. Being in 'uncharted' territory...it would be in your best interests to do so. So...weigh out some...and using a hard ruler to measure it out on...apply a consistent bead of hardener and mix it up and see how long it takes AFTER the 3-5 minute induction period you have as per the instructions.

Still waiting for photos of your door sill areas on both sides.

DUB
Old 01-05-2015, 07:19 PM
ptwohey
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

DUB, I still have your notes on the other thread and I was thinking someone else may have had a bad experience but I guess not. I will continue with the restoration on my other thread.

I did some cleaning to that when I take photos of the sill you won't see how messy I work. They will be coming soon.

Thanks for responding.

Get notified of new replies

To Polyester bonding agents

Quick Reply: Polyester bonding agents