Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

My 1st Collision

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 12:42 PM
My82C3
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1st Collision

I had my first collision recently. I've only had the classic insurance for one year.

Should I claim it?

I'm over 50 yrs old & have excellent insurance record with my other
vechicles. The vett has a small crack behind the driver side tire.

I have the other persons information except his phone number. I'm sure he already called his insurance company.

Thank you, a 1st time vett owner
Old 03-16-2015, 04:09 PM
929nitro
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Who was at fault. If he was claim it if not get an estimate and see what the damages are. Accidents do happen that is why we carry insurance.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:29 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by 929nitro
Who was at fault. If he was claim it if not get an estimate and see what the damages are. Accidents do happen that is why we carry insurance.
If you were at fault...and the other person is having their insurance company contact your insurance company...then your record that you are worried about is shot. If the other person was at fault...then call it in or don;t...that choice is yours. If you are not wanting the car to now be in the system and known that it had an accident...then pay for it yourself if you are worried about that.

DUB
Old 03-16-2015, 07:45 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by My82C3
I had my first collision recently. I've only had the classic insurance for one year. Should I claim it? I'm over 50 yrs old & have excellent insurance record with my other vechicles. The vett has a small crack behind the driver side tire. I have the other persons information except his phone number. I'm sure he already called his insurance company. Thank you, a 1st time vett owner
Unless you worked out some kind of deal with the other party they are most likely reporting it to their insurance company. As DUB said their ins will be in contact with yours. Your ins might find it strange that you never contacted them about the claim reported to them.

Get notified of new replies

To My 1st Collision

Quick Reply: My 1st Collision