Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Good maybe for using when painting doors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 12:31 PM
TWINRAY
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Good maybe for using when painting doors?

I was looking for something and these are on sale. I was hoping to get something so I can hang them vertical and paint all sides on one go around.
http://www.eastwood.com/500lb-work-stand.html
Old 08-26-2015, 05:42 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by TWINRAY
I was looking for something and these are on sale. I was hoping to get something so I can hang them vertical and paint all sides on one go around.
http://www.eastwood.com/500lb-work-stand.html
For what it is worth.....I prefer to hang the doors in a position just like if they were mounted on the car....and NOT changing the angle.

When you lay a door flat....the metallics will lay differently than the rest of the car that is vertical. SO...the door can actually look different when bolted up. This issue is not so much of a big deal with solid colors...but what you still have to be concerned about is making sure the doors exteriors is being painted the same and the fenders and quarters...or the door CAN look differently when installed also.

This is why I hang the doors to get them completely coated...then I installed them temporarily so I can apply the final coat(s) to get the color consistent....then I remove them so they can be completely clearcoated. I have eyelets in the roof of my paint booth where I can hang parts that I have finally figured out where everything needs to go...depending on the era of Corvette I am painting.

DUB

Quick Reply: Good maybe for using when painting doors?