Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

5k for basic vinyl wrap? any better ideas pensecola-lower al?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 04:21 PM
TwinDmax
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 5k for basic vinyl wrap? any better ideas pensecola-lower al?

I seriously thought the wraps were in the 2-2500 range? I am near Dothan Al and the car is in Pensecola now.

2007 zo6, gloss black wanting flat black or flat white.

Last edited by TwinDmax; 03-23-2017 at 04:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SpeedRacerMach (02-20-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 11:43 PM
ncali
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

I am in cali. I just got my c5 done for 3k . Nassau blue . no color change
Old 01-30-2019, 06:02 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

Could be the "Corvette" tax that I have seen applied to our cars. Buddy just had a model 3 Tesla in matte blue done for about $3K. Did the mirrors and some accent pieces in CF. They used 3M 1080 vinyl if that makes a difference. In the early stages of doing mine and getting bids. Satin vinyl for the body and gloss black on accent pieces. Bids are in the $4K range. The variability is based on market, body panel removal and skill of the installer. I could see a C7 being a little more as there are more curves and angles to deal with. Vinyl costs are pretty consistent but the labor/skill is what you are paying for. You get what you pay for. I would hate to save $500 and have the base paint ruined by razor blades etc. Talk to your installer about knifeless cutting. Little more labor but less damage to the paint if you want to go back to original color. Avery and 3M seem to have the highest rated vinyl out there.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:06 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinDmax
I seriously thought the wraps were in the 2-2500 range? I am near Dothan Al and the car is in Pensecola now.

2007 zo6, gloss black wanting flat black or flat white.
Was on some wrapping forums and several installers did their best to steer customers away from matte/satin white as it does not hold its color and stains are easier to see. I have no first hand experience with this, just passing along what I have read. I was considering matte black but the film scuffs easy and very difficult to remove the scuffs. From a distance it was no big deal but if you are up close it looks like a dirty chalk board. Looking at satin colors as they were less prone to the fine scuffs/scratches.

Get notified of new replies

To 5k for basic vinyl wrap? any better ideas pensecola-lower al?

Quick Reply: 5k for basic vinyl wrap? any better ideas pensecola-lower al?