Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Phase II Complete - Dyno Results after Cam Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:01 PM
falcon5619
Burning Brakes

Received 297 Likes on 192 Posts

Default Phase II Complete - Dyno Results after Cam Swap

Hello,

For those folks that are interested, I have been documenting the performance upgrades on my 02 Z06.

About 2 months ago I had some baseline dyno pulls performed to see where I was at prior to the cam swap. The car made 385rwhp and 355rwtq on a Mustang Dyno. The only mods were LG Street long tube headers, no cats, a HallTech Venom air intake and a self tune with the AFR set at 12.6afr.

I did a lot of research on cam profiles and ultimately decided that an average size cam would be ideal for me since this is mainly a street car and power under the curve was important to me. My long term goal is to match the cam with a pair of AFR heads and a FAST intake.

That said, I went with the AFR custom COMP cam grind of 224/228 .581/.588 114 LSA so that it would be a good match with the heads down the road.

Well, I just got back from the shop and I am very pleased with the results. After the tune the car made 432rwhp and 391rwtq on the same Mustang dyno. I will post the dyno graphs once I figure out how to do so you can see what the power curve looks like. The curve was essentially the same, it just lifted straight up, which was a beautiful thing for me since I was not interested in losing power down low. Otherwise, I would be purchasing some new gears to compensate. Idle is very good with this cam, it has a little lope to it but has no bucking or surging at all. I also had the car VE tuned as well and throttle transitions feel more crisp than before.

The main message here is that you don't need a huge cam to make good power and still maintain excellent drivability. You can increase the amount of useable power with an average size cam.

My next goal is to improve part throttle response and torque with the addition of port matched AFR heads and FAST intake.

Here are the current engine mods...

- 224/228 .581/.588 114 LSA COMP Cam (custom grind by AFR)
- Patriot Gold Dual Springs (complete kit with new seals, retainers, etc.)
- 7.400 Comp Chromemoly pushrods
- LG Street Headers (no cats)
- Halltech Venom Air Intake

Plans for Phase III...

- AFR 205 heads milled for higher compression
- Port matched FAST 90 intake with 90mm throttle body
Old 05-30-2009, 11:36 AM
2MCHPWR
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

i know its an older post but nice numbers.
I wonder what just the 90 intake/t-body (do people use the ported LS2 to match to a fast 90mm intake?) would do to your numbers (without the AFR heads).
I'm a fan of the mild cams too.
did you ever dyno it on a dynojet?
you have stock crank pulley?

Quick Reply: Phase II Complete - Dyno Results after Cam Swap