C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tyson's VA Dealer asking $145K!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

ROFL on dealers that make fake window stickers. I'd laugh in the face of any retard that showed me a car without a real window sticker on it. Anyone who buy's a Z06 for $145K would also need to be included in the next Darwin awards.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:24 AM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
T Vert,

Just move on to someone else....seriously.
Most dealers are scumbags (hence the reputation).

Take a look at some of this forum's sponsors for a fair deal.
I've PM'd multiple forum dealers who have locked posts in for sale area stating z06s for sale and want to guess how many have replied to my question if they are selling at MSRP? ZERO.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Mr Snappy!
Melting Slicks

Received 589 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by WELEPRO
I had a couple of these.....fantastic cars! I still look every now and then just to see if there's a clean low mileage one sitting around. Just for kicks.
(Sorry for the small highjacking)

I agree...and have been looking on eBay and Cars.com off and on for several years. It's weird, these cars seem to have just vanished off the face of the planet! I saw one on the street about a month ago and almost followed him home to offer to buy it!

I am assuming these cars all eventually went to teen-agers who trashed them and then they were scrapped.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:02 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

They've come down a bit but the email us just a bit funny. "pass up on this opportunity"

Dave,MSRP on a Z06 with Z07 performance package and with the options I sent it to you is: 103,745.00. Our price with the market adjusted value now is 108,745.00. One way or another at this price this car will sell this weekend. Now it's to be seen if I'm going to be the one selling it to you by you not letting pass up on this opportunity. I have 22 other sales people competing with me for this.

Thank you
Old 12-19-2014, 01:38 PM
vettec4c5c6
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2GVETTE
Let me say I don't usually post. Have a vette and had some great cars over the years (currently have a 300 srt8 and a 2013 mercedes cl) and just come here to get some good tech info, read interesting stories, and see pics of great vettes! BUT, I had to just say something about my experience last night. (Not sure if I'm breaking any rules here by naming the dealer, but if so, Mods, please edit my post)

Me and a buddy were out doing some shopping last night and I stopped by Koon's Chevy Tyson's just to see if they had one...I figured they'd be closed so just pulled up and looked in the window. Sure enough they had a white one, black wheels, looked to have the Z07 package (but I didn't see the clear adjustable middle area on the back spoiler, so I was unsure) - in any event, it looked great. A guy with his son pulled up (while me and friend were looking in the window) and the son ran in the showroom and starting taking pics (it was about 9:45 pm - 10 pm and no one was around). We were like "it's open?, let's go take a look up close". We went in and it was me and my buddy, the guy and his son, and then a salesman popped up around the corner. He said they were closed, but we could take a look - cool. It's looks great in person. Was sitting next to a z51 and I was impressed the fit and finish and size in comparison. Seriously considering getting one now

Then it happened. The father then asked the price and the salesman said "$145K" I said what??? Well, I told him that's a pretty significant markup you guys have on it. And he proceeded to tell me, it was MSRP on that car - kind of smugly. I said "what" again, and I almost lost it "MSRP?". I said with everything the most this car can get to is $105K to $110K (at MSRP) and you obviously, have a pretty significant markup on it. He proceeded to argue with me and said nope, that's MSRP, I couldn't believe it (am I missing something?). So we went back and forth a bit... and then, after a minute he mumbled, it's because of allocation. I told him, I'm not going to argue with him and can't continue to engage in this, just stopped in to look at it - but you can't just tell me anything because I know cars, and that he needed to get his story straight (either its MSRP, or a market adjustment for allocation on top of the MSRP, can't be both). Normally, I wouldn't engage guys like this, but I couldn't be silent with the guy and his son there - I hope he goes and does research on actual pricing if he considers ordering or buying one.

Hey, they can sell the car for $500K if they find a buyer to pay that, but don't position it like that's the price of the car from the manufacturer - totally dishonest IMO, that's what rubbed me the wrong way. And, exactly, what goes counter to appeal of the car - a supercar, under or at $100K. Maybe it's me.

My rant for the day, thanks for listening. That is all
i bought my first new corvette from this dealer (koons) a C4 in 1985 because they were close to my home. but they turned predatory in pricing after that, so i have purchased my last four --C5,two C6's and C7 Z06 in maryland. stay away from these crooks....
Old 12-19-2014, 03:25 PM
10WhiteGS
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T_Vert
They've come down a bit but the email us just a bit funny. "pass up on this opportunity"
What was your response to him? I would have laughed in hi face again. Good luck to him selling it this weekend.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:56 PM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I am not a choir boy for that dealership or anything, but I did buy 2 cars from them and got good deals. I got a 2010 GS for 46,200 brand new with NPP, and a 2013 Volt that snickered for over 40k for 32k before the rebate. That Volt ended up costing us 25k after the tax rebate.

At the time GM was desperate to sell both of those cars which played into it Im sure. But they actually did beat the best price I could find by $500 and did not charge me any dealer fees.

They also have a solid Corvette tech working there.

I dont support any of that markup nonsense, just saying that every dealer has good and bad people working there.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:35 PM
DAC17
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 104 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
Why do some care or get all excited what a dealer wants to mark up a car or if someone wants to pay that price?? If you don't like it then don't buy it!
I agree; it just gives them publicity and gets their name known. Although they are in business to make a profit and if they can get the village idiot to pay that price, God bless them.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:44 PM
cdsymphony
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

I live right next to Tysons Corner. It's the most expensive place to shop for cars in the hole Northern Virginia area. I wouldn't let it discourage you all that much. If you know the price of the car and it's MSRP then you'll be one of the people that will not get ripped off. On the other hand I went there toward the end of 2012. They almost sold me a Grand Sport 3lt with everything for 53K. So not all the dealers are con artists.

Quick Reply: Tyson's VA Dealer asking $145K!!!