Ready To Inject.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 11:38 AM
redcruz1120
Drifting

Received 205 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Ready To Inject.

Now that The RestoMod is completely over and I'm out of the warranty on my ZZ5,I'm ready to move on to the fuel injection phase.What are the best systems out there that forum members have used and are happy with? I have a new fuel tank that I have no interest in modifying and would like to know if there is a tank ready to accept a internal pump and mounts just like the original . also I would like to know if I will be able to use my new current SS fuel lines as also return line too. I very briefly looked at a system yesterday online and noticed that it included hoses for inlet and return.. I 'm not too excited about using a lot of hose as a complete fuel line. I would like a system that just requires the removal of the carburator and retain the intake. also would like a internal pump that has the sender to work with a original fuel gauge. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:09 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,292 Likes on 3,919 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Summit has an external fuel pump for injectors.

Ecklers is advertising a fitech pump for $360, Says it can be mounted it the chasis or in the engine compartment. No need to change anything in the tank

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1953-1981.html

Price is $400 online but they have a sale 15% over $179

Last edited by Rescue Rogers; 09-27-2016 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:25 AM
imariver
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 09-28-2016, 01:03 PM
jsera
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't know if its been fixed yet but reading some threads on this forum on the FItech system the sump is supposedly garbage, something about a check valve sticking in the sump I think...A shame because it really seemed promising. The actual throttle body gets good reviews though
Old 09-28-2016, 03:19 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

I put an L98 DPFI setup on my L48 engine, which is now upgraded to a '89 roller truck block so factory 4 bolt mains.....the first install was back in '95 and I used a simple fuel pump for like 80 bux from a local parts house mounted to the rear frame rail, wrapped in a radiator hose and held by a single hose clamp, filter is on the suck side, tank drains to pump via gravity/suck, and stock as a stove fuel lines to the engine, where hoses with PROPER clamps go to/from engine, stock size return line..... but one thing, if tank was less than ~1/4 full and I took a hard right turn, engine would stumble.....so I noted at Harbor Freight they had a sale on a 5 gallon heavy steel air tank....bolted it up in place of the spare tire and so now I can corner very well, main tank drains into front tank, little tank has the pickup and return to it alone.....going to be SCCA competition to see ANY bog NOW!!!!!!! with a totally empty main tank that is.......

Old 09-28-2016, 07:58 PM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,292 Likes on 3,919 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

This isnt the inside the tank sump, its outside mounted to the frame and is similar to what MrVette did, I guess they stole his idea
Old 09-29-2016, 08:16 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

I thought that dembo answered your question very well in your last thread. What else specifically are you looking for, specific in tank pump recomendaations, other sump manufacturers? Not really a lot of options if you keep your original style tank. I maybe adding efi next spring, have definitely ruled out the FiTech Fuel Command Center. Not sure if it is a design issue in that the base that holds both the rtn fuel and new fuel from the tank is too small a diameter and overheats or what is actually going on
but seems FiTech still refuses to acknowledge a problem with it. Edelbrock, MSD, Holley, FAST, Mega Squirt and FiTech seem to be the main companies
offering the bolt on units.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html
Old 09-29-2016, 11:54 AM
Hale584
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 2 FAST systems. 1 is the XFI 2.0 and the other is the sportsman 2.0. I bought everything, including the distributor. The XFI 2.0 has several more features than the sportsman. I've messed with carbs for several years....I'll never have another one.

The XFI 2.0 is on a blown 540 with 16 injectors....reach in and start the engine, it fires right up, warms up without me having to sit there and keep it running. The sportsman unit is on my wife's 1969 Firebird. It starts and runs just as easy as her 2005 everyday driver.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:10 PM
dembo
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/pa...rod/prd443.htm

Get notified of new replies

To Ready To Inject.

Quick Reply: Ready To Inject.