C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Climate Control Interchangeability

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 01:43 AM
L.V. Vette
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Climate Control Interchangeability

Will a c68 climate control unit out of a 93 work on my 91 that also has a c68 unit? Other than the colors being different, it looks like a plug a play. Thanks
Old 12-05-2016, 08:12 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by L.V. Vette
Will a c68 climate control unit out of a 93 work on my 91 that also has a c68 unit? Other than the colors being different, it looks like a plug a play. Thanks
I would think it's very likely. The pinning of the connector is the same with only a different circuit number specified for the illumination circuit. I looked no further than that. The pin remains the same. There's many differences '91 - '93 like blower control module and programmer but it seems that likely the control might swap OK.

I've certainly not ever done it so ....

You've attempted all of the "refurb" operations that are mentioned from time to time?
Old 12-05-2016, 09:55 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 626 Likes on 488 Posts

I'm interested in what years will interchange too.

I have a '96 (white lettering), but got a C68 from an earlier car (yellow lettering) in a group of parts I bought. I kept it because I thought the unit might work in the '96 and I thought I might be able to swap the faceplate to the right color lettering too.

I have no information whether it will work or not, but interested in this thread to see what years interchange.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:27 PM
L.V. Vette
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
I would think it's very likely. The pinning of the connector is the same with only a different circuit number specified for the illumination circuit. I looked no further than that. The pin remains the same. There's many differences '91 - '93 like blower control module and programmer but it seems that likely the control might swap OK.

I've certainly not ever done it so ....

You've attempted all of the "refurb" operations that are mentioned from time to time?
I haven't tried the "refurb" but have access to an inexpensive one from 93 that appears to be in great condition

Get notified of new replies

To Climate Control Interchangeability

Quick Reply: Climate Control Interchangeability