Sponsored by:

'16 Z51 first 10k miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 02:42 PM
Charlie27
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default '16 Z51 first 10k miles

I just turned over 10k miles on my Z51 on the way back from a track weekend with Porsche Owners Club (POC) at Streets of Willow. Some thoughts on the car.
- no issues at all other than oil changes and air bag recall. No rattles, no problems at all. This has been the most trouble free new/used car I have own so far.
- It's an incredible car and from performance to features, sound, handling is fantastic. I sold a 2012 911 and got this car - so that is my comparison point
- Incredible track car - heavier weight oil, brake fluid flush, track alignment, 18" C6 Z06 rims with Nitto NT01 tires 275/305 widths. Really fun to drive with Tr mode TC off, SC off and either dry or track1 mode. With dry mode you can really feel the car modulating the power to limit wheel spin. You can hear the exhaust drone when this happens. More fun in track 1 IMO. 3 track days so far as I have a full track car I usually run. Did not burn one bit of oil.
- great car for the highway - high 20's mpg at 80mph. I drove the car cross country from Kerbeck in NJ to SoCal and was very comfortable.
- this car is an incredible value. It will run with GT3 and 911 turbo S cars that have many modifications. I look forward and enjoy this car every time I drive it.
- lots of positive comments form people on this car and better to employ people in Bowling Green then Stuttgart
Old 01-16-2017, 02:57 PM
tnbirdieman
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I just turned over 10K on my 2016 CRY 2lt Z51 bought June 6th 2016 as well. While it is not my DD I do drive the car quite a bit. I have never tracked the car. I too am pleased overall with the car despite the fact that I have had the following parts replaced under warranty: 1) center AC vent. 2) passengers side vanity mirror.
3) flex plate. 4) key FOB. 5) both front rotors. 6) wheel center cap.

That's more repairs than I would like but they were free so I cant complain too much.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:10 PM
Shadeux
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

'16 Z-51 M7. I'm almost to 5000 miles, despite daily driving it and owning it for 6 months. I did do two 500 mile runs, one with ECO on, one without. Same road, same traffic and weather conditions - ECO gave 28 mpg, Sport gave me 29 mpg (and I'm pretty sure I was more aggressive the second trip.) Cruise was set to 74 mph, with the second trip ending up around 80 mph for a few hours as traffic speed increased due to the sun going down. (with Sport on).

No rattles, not one thing wrong. It's been a perfect car and I feel famous with all the attention and envy it gives me.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

Well my '14 will be 3 this March 17th and I have 11,770 miles on it now. Have taken several long trips ( 2 over 3200 miles) and the last one thru a hurricane. The car was recalled for shocks & air bag. Other than that it's been perfect and the best Corvette I've ever owned. It runs like a rocket and when I've been on long trips I've gotten 29-31 mpg.

Get notified of new replies

To '16 Z51 first 10k miles

Quick Reply: '16 Z51 first 10k miles