C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished part of new setup (video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Mrcho
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Finished part of new setup (video inside)

Just finished big part of the new setup. A&A v2 s-trim, BTR valvetrain, CCP jamcam (Arun). More mods left to install, still have plenty of time to finish the project, as you can see we're in the middle of winter here in Canada, wont have a chance to try out the beast before April. Its gonna be 3 long-*** months. Car sounds nasty and I like it

Heres the video
Old 01-21-2017, 10:10 AM
lilryan
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Car does sound great! Who's intercooler is that?
Old 01-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Mrcho
Instructor

I think its A&A old style but im not 100% sure, bought the kit used and it might've been changed
Old 01-22-2017, 01:18 PM
69GTO96Z
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

What exhaust are you running?
Old 01-22-2017, 02:45 PM
Mrcho
Instructor

Borla LT's, borla x pipe no cats, qtp e-cutouts, stock ti mufflers
Old 01-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts

Looks like a really old A&A Intercooler back before we had the RamAir style intercoolers made.

Just a heads up, it looks like that air filter is going to be small and restrictive once you start making full pulls on the dyno. If your power seems too low, start there.

Other than that looks like a great build that should put a big smile on your face every time you take it out.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Mrcho
Instructor

Thanks Josh,

I will definitely look into that. Im pretty limited in space over there, I bought one of your old style air filters but it doesnt fit in there, way too little space and it hits the top of the intercooler. Maybe if I extented the charge pipe a few inches and tilted the top of the intercooler more in front id be able to fit the filter between the intercooler and a/c condenser, is that where you guys usually place it? This filter seems way too small but the old owner claims he made 705whp with it, Im really not sure about that.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:18 AM
c5mtl
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrcho
Thanks Josh,

I will definitely look into that. Im pretty limited in space over there, I bought one of your old style air filters but it doesnt fit in there, way too little space and it hits the top of the intercooler. Maybe if I extented the charge pipe a few inches and tilted the top of the intercooler more in front id be able to fit the filter between the intercooler and a/c condenser, is that where you guys usually place it? This filter seems way too small but the old owner claims he made 705whp with it, Im really not sure about that.
I made over 1000rwhp and ran 8.8 with the same intercooler(ysi)...that filter is way 2 small.....are u feeding the intercooler from the driver side or passenger side....that intercooler was made to be fed on the drivers side which will free up space to fit a much larger filter
The following users liked this post:
Josh@AandASuperchargers (01-30-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 10:01 AM
Mrcho
Instructor

Now that explains it. I know the piping was redone by the old owner now its all hard piping and he probably relocated it then to the passenger side, I see now if the intercooler was flipped 180degrees to the drivers side the filter could easily fit there. Thing is I cant flip it now, Im gonna try instead to extend the charge pipe and push the intercooler more in front and maybe I could put a bigger filter inside the hole between the intercooler and radiator. Lets hope I can fit it there otherwise Im gonna have to redo the piping (not very fun)
Old 03-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Mrcho
Instructor

Just FYI the car was tuned & dyno'd with that same extra small filter and it didnt cause any restriction or if it did it wasnt noticeable at this whp, car made 691whp/637wtq dynojet. For those having the same filter and wondering if its going to be an issue or not. I didnt use the k&n filter since the bottom is sealed up the air is only coming in through the sides, instead I bought a Spectre one thats open also on the bottom of the filter so the air comes in from all sides. Works #1
The following users liked this post:
Josh@AandASuperchargers (03-02-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Finished part of new setup (video inside)

Quick Reply: Finished part of new setup (video inside)