My first issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 12:08 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts
Default My first issue

So, my Z06, delivered on 3/17 and still under 100 miles, I had it out for a quick spin yesterday after finding, and setting the performance display for the DIC. After allowing the car to warm up and after 5 miles on the road, I noticed that the temperature readings (oil and water) were both at 0; really 100, the lowest possible reading. I drove the car for about another 5 miles within about 1/10 of a mile, the water temp reading jumped to 150.

So, it seems there is something for the dealer to look at when she goes in for her 500 mile oil change.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Car's so new might get lucky & it'll clear itself?
After a few cycles, issue disappears.
At least it can still be driven.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:55 PM
Groovepusher Sly
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

You need to get in it and drive for a couple of hours or more. Watch your gauges, listen for sounds from engine, trans, interior, tires, unusual vibration etc. You have 500 miles of break-in driving to do.
I put about 900 mi. on my GS bringing it home from dealer. It was a good shake out run. Plenty of time to familiarize myself with most of the controls and systems. Got home scheduled oil change, been good to go so far.
Drive man drive!

Sly
Old 03-26-2017, 12:57 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

Wouldn't hurt to check your coolant level, if you haven't already...
Old 03-26-2017, 01:07 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Is that with the digital readout with the touring mode display? I usually leave my Z06 set to sport display with oil pressure and temperature in the pocket gauges and engine temperature in the DIC area. Try that and see whether that shows a normal rise; it could be just an anomaly with how the digital readout was programmed. The dry sump oil system will take some time to warm up and after break-in the warning ring around the tach will move up quickly as it follows engine temperature but I wait until the oil temperature comes up before going to higher RPM.

If you Z06 is equipped with an automatic I would definitely leave it in manual mode at least for the break-in period so that break-in is even across cylinders.
Attached Images  

Last edited by NSC5; 03-26-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To My first issue

Quick Reply: My first issue