Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Middle GA Corvette mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Nicholas_W
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sperkins
It's the same car, but I can guarantee that he never raced it. It was hardly ever driven when he owned it. I replaced the RR axle (torn boot), the steering wheel positioning sensor, and did an alignment on it. I wanted to buy that car badly, but just couldn't afford it. It's a very solid car. Please let me me know if there's anything you ever need.*

Oh, sorry I meant that he was referring to you on the racing. He did tell me everything that you had done on the car.

Pretty funny to click the thread and see a pic of my car!

Thanks for the offer, I will let you know if I ever need anything. In fact, I was wondering where I could corner balance my car after lowering it.

Thanks
Nick
Old 01-02-2012, 03:55 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicholas_W
Pretty funny to click the thread and see a pic of my car!
I was wondering where I could corner balance my car after lowering it.
Actually I told you wrong. The pics of the black C5Z on the first page of this thread is mine. I have some photos of your car while it was here, but nothing special. Pretty sure I have some of when the entire steering column was out of it if you want to see something frightening.

I can definitely corner balance the car and I know a few other trick things to make it handle really well. You should consider picking up some adjustable endlinks and if you want to properly corner balance it. I can do just about anything you need. C5's are my specialty.

Are you friends with Col. McCreary at the base? I've done a lot of work for him.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Nicholas_W
Advanced

I will definitely be contacting you once I get ready to buy endlinks and lower the car. It's not real high on the priority list right now, it's purely an aesthetics thing for me. As much fun as I have had on a track, I'm too scared to take this car on one, purely for financial reasons.

While we're at it, who do you recommend for tuning in this area? Once I can buy some longtubes, I'd like to have the car tuned.

I don't know Greg, but a friend of mine Michael does. Michael had actually asked the Col if he knew my car, after I had bought it and of course you were mentioned again, lol. On a side note Michael will be driving my previous car, a black R34 Nissan Skyline around town pretty soon. I sold it previous to buying the Z06, not sure if you've seen it around.

Thanks again for your help, I've only heard good things about you.

Nick

Last edited by Nicholas_W; 01-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:20 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

The only good tuner I personally know lives in Braselton, but Greg had his done locally and was happy with the tune. Maybe get your buddy to ask him who he used?
Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Optimus_C5
Le Mans Master

Location: If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. South West Florida / Livin' The Dream
Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

TTT for a great mechanic!

Scott, I need to get my vette on your schedule. I believe the oil sending unit has gone out. Started it yesterday and the oil gauge pegged and stayed at 80 PSI. DIC says 130. Shut car down and gauge went back to zero. I then turned on the ignition, without starting the car, for the gauge sweep and all gauges pegged and then went back to zero except the oil gauge it stayed at 80. Started the vette and the gauge stayed pegged at 80

I'll send you a PM as well.

Marc
Old 01-27-2012, 11:48 AM
98ramair
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Scott, hope your doin well! I wanted to ask ya about doing an alignment on my Z. If your not busy in the next few days, give me a call/text, 478-731-7769. It drives fine but I think it could use an alignment, i've never had it done before......with the roads around Macon, i'm sure it's in need!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:43 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Due to my new day job and a serious family medical issue, I'm sorry to say that I can't take any future work.
Thanks to all those that allowed me to help them so far.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:11 PM
lt1owner
Advanced

Originally Posted by sperkins
Due to my new day job and a serious family medical issue, I'm sorry to say that I can't take any future work.
Thanks to all those that allowed me to help them so far.
Hope everything works out for you. And thank you for doing great work!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:58 AM
mbarlow
Advanced

Are you still performing repairs on corvettes?
Old 10-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Z06Tracker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think he is back in action! I am sure he will respond soon.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:36 PM
GaToy
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you still working on Vettes?

Quick Reply: Middle GA Corvette mechanic