Old 01-15-2016, 02:03 AM
marshall racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $99 @ Big Willow January 30th, 2016

$99 @ Big Willow January 30th, 2016

Extremespeedtrackevents will be at Big Willow
in SoCal-
January 30, 2016 for a track day, Special track day price of only $89 for the whole day on track
DISCOUNT CODE IS ( bw92 )
Any Questions email sung@extremespeedtrackevents.com
Register here- www.extremespeedtrackevents.com
Must register before January 29th for the discount
Free Basic on track instruction for beginners, All driver levels welcome.Beginners are welcome.
Extremespeed will be running special private run groups for beginners who want to get familiar with on track essentials and car control at highway speeds.
Free timing for all drivers
Old 01-28-2016, 09:41 PM
2014corvettec7
Intermediate

Can someone tell about this event cuz the company extreme speed track events has very bad reviews, is going to be my first time and I really want to go, anyone had deal with this company? Thanks
Old 01-28-2016, 10:34 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I have run with them quite a few times. In my opinion they put on good events at a good price. My only criticism of them is that sometimes they don't do as good a job of staying on schedule and announcing run groups as other track event company's. But overall they are a good value.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:39 PM
2014corvettec7
Intermediate

Thanks Charley. Any company or event that you recommend for first timers?
Old 01-29-2016, 11:43 AM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll offer my $.02 about Extreme. The good: relatively cheap track day for big Willow, lots of track time, nothing overtly unsafe about either the way the event was run or the participants.

The bad: I'm still fighting with them over a $30 unauthorized charge in excess of their $99 entry FROM JUNE 2015. Calls and emails go unanswered. CC company is "investigating" and likely this won't go through but the lack of responsiveness is troubling.

Also, plan to bring tape or shoe polish or $25 for pre made numbers, like many, they require car numbers and as a newb you may not have them. Extreme will not have a "no cost" option for numbers unless you bring or borrow tape/shoe polish. Also, like Charley says, they are not as organized as the better groups , run sessions weren't always run on time, but I still got lots of track time.

A better option if you don't want to deal with any of the negs called out here would be Speedventures. Aaron runs one of the best groups and they are not a whole lot more $$. Good Luck.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:45 AM
2014corvettec7
Intermediate

Thanks Zed06 I really appreciated it
Old 01-29-2016, 10:34 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 2014corvettec7
Thanks Charley. Any company or event that you recommend for first timers?
I would say that speed ventures is about the best run, but they can be crowded. The Alpha club puts on very good track days also.... And they have a fantastic two day school coming up in February that is very affordable.

With all that said, I believe you will have a great time with Extreme Speed also. They are a great value. I like running with them, you just have to be aware of session start times and be a little flexible as they may be a little off schedule.

Have fun.

Charley

Last edited by Charley Hoyt; 01-29-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:38 PM
2014corvettec7
Intermediate

Thanks Charley
Old 01-29-2016, 10:44 PM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

XS:
* They will charge for numbers, and numbers are required to go on track.
* You will be at some point asked to buy multiple days in advance, but I have heard those discounted days aren't always honored at all events.
* In my opinion there don't seem to be many (any?) good drivers that run with that group so I would not expect much from any instruction, if that's something you care about.

Last edited by wtb-z; 01-29-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:33 AM
2014corvettec7
Intermediate

Thanks wtb-z
Old 01-30-2016, 04:25 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by wtb-z
XS:
* They will charge for numbers, and numbers are required to go on track.
* You will be at some point asked to buy multiple days in advance, but I have heard those discounted days aren't always honored at all events.
* In my opinion there don't seem to be many (any?) good drivers that run with that group so I would not expect much from any instruction, if that's something you care about.
They do charge a lot for numbers, so that is good to know about.... As long as you bring or borrow numbers or painters tape it isn't an issue. But it could catch a new person off guard and they might think they have to pay... Also some of the new people seem to like the numbers ES sell because they look cool in pictures.

the multi day packages are a great deal. I purchased a large enough package that I only pay around $55 per day when I run with them. That is a great deal. Auto club speedway is The only events that you can't use them at (at least when I bought mine).

As far as the quality of the drivers goes I would say there are pluses and minuses.... They do tend to attract a younger crowd due to the low cost. But because they offer such great multi day pricing you tend to get the same people showing up at multiple events which is really nice. I have met a lot of great people at ES events and haven't had any issues with anyone. I also like how they do give always from their sponsors.

I have had many great days on the track with ES. The only frustration I ever had with them was my first day with them. On that day they were way off schedule and were not announcing the run groups with enough notice for me to get strapped in and get the car warmed up, so I felt rushed all day.

Here is a picture of my car.... If anyone ever sees it at the track, come over and say hi. (I don't track my Vette anymore)

Last edited by Charley Hoyt; 01-30-2016 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:59 PM
DLC7
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
They do charge a lot for numbers, so that is good to know about.... As long as you bring or borrow numbers or painters tape it isn't an issue. But it could catch a new person off guard and they might think they have to pay... Also some of the new people seem to like the numbers ES sell because they look cool in pictures.

the multi day packages are a great deal. I purchased a large enough package that I only pay around $55 per day when I run with them. That is a great deal. Auto club speedway is The only events that you can't use them at (at least when I bought mine).

As far as the quality of the drivers goes I would say there are pluses and minuses.... They do tend to attract a younger crowd due to the low cost. But because they offer such great multi day pricing you tend to get the same people showing up at multiple events which is really nice. I have met a lot of great people at ES events and haven't had any issues with anyone. I also like how they do give always from their sponsors.

I have had many great days on the track with ES. The only frustration I ever had with them was my first day with them. On that day they were way off schedule and were not announcing the run groups with enough notice for me to get strapped in and get the car warmed up, so I felt rushed all day.

Here is a picture of my car.... If anyone ever sees it at the track, come over and say hi. (I don't track my Vette anymore)

Hi Charlie.
Believe me....If I see that beast on track I will be sure to stop by and ask questions and say hi.

When is the next time you are running WSIR?
Also, since a newer driver too the Corvette Z06, i could benefit from a recommend instructor......do you have one?

I'm trying to break 1:40.xxx @ WSIR......My best is 1:43.653

Other than more seat time, do you have any tips or tricks, books or reference material, that can make me faster at Willow Springs International Raceway?
Old 02-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DLC7
Hi Charlie.
Believe me....If I see that beast on track I will be sure to stop by and ask questions and say hi.

When is the next time you are running WSIR?
Also, since a newer driver too the Corvette Z06, i could benefit from a recommend instructor......do you have one?

I'm trying to break 1:40.xxx @ WSIR......My best is 1:43.653

Other than more seat time, do you have any tips or tricks, books or reference material, that can make me faster at Willow Springs International Raceway?
Great, I am looking forward to meeting you. I'm not sure when I will be at Willow Springs next. Regarding going faster at Willow Springs, Jack Olsen's video is a great source of information that has helped many drivers get faster.

Charley

Old 02-03-2016, 07:03 PM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Jack's video is about as good a walkthrough as I have seen for any track, not just Big Willow specifically. It's a great story about theory and reference points for the track.

That said, someone in a Corvette* well into the 1:40s at Big Willow would probably be best served by:
* Practicing on other tracks that are better for driver development
* Not worrying about lap times yet

Big Willow is technically very simple but a crappy place to learn to drive due to high speeds, lack of obvious reference points and general pain and suffering if you happen to go off.

*Unless it's a C4 or a base C5 on all-seasons or something
Old 02-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Jack's video is about as good a walkthrough as I have seen for any track, not just Big Willow specifically. It's a great story about theory and reference points for the track.

That said, someone in a Corvette* well into the 1:40s at Big Willow would probably be best served by:

Big Willow is technically very simple but a crappy place to learn to drive due to high speeds, lack of obvious reference points and general pain and suffering if you happen to go off.

That's the track I learned on ...............

DH
Old 02-04-2016, 02:01 AM
DLC7
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

This post was intriguing enough.......so I called a friend to discuss. He agrees practicing on different tracks is important .....I just have this thing for WSIR, with the history it has and all....

And yes thanks for the Jack Olsen video tip......

P.S.~ bummer.....found out today the test and tune on Fridays is for race prepared cars only......meaning full roll cage and auto-fire suppression......booooo

Get notified of new replies

To $99 @ Big Willow January 30th, 2016

Quick Reply: $99 @ Big Willow January 30th, 2016