Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 11:46 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I need to try and get a head count on how many will be able to make the Lake House Bar & Grill this Saturday at 4pm.

Me
Cory
Dustin
Now add your name to the list so I can give them a call and let them know what to expect.
After we go there we can cruise up the street a half mile to Keller's for a little bit! A 2-1 day

Dirty Harry "Lee" -Torch Red 03 Supercharged
North Dallas Corvette Club / [Founding Member]
http://ndcctx.com/
Old 10-21-2014, 12:48 AM
shreded1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
Sorry you missed out Ed, we had a good time

Thanks for asking
My time wasn't so good at the eye doctor's,,
He confirmed I have Open Angle Glaucoma in the left eye It is the most common. The sight I have lost is permanent unless they come up with a cure that will regenerate the dead cells
Good news is, the drops he gave me a prescription for should halt or slow the vision loss We will know more when I go back in a month. The other good news is , my right eye has no signs of Glaucoma and the eye looks healthy Bad news is , eventually most but not all the other Glaucoma patient's eye will develop Glaucoma but the good news is we should be able to catch it early where we can save the vision if that eye starts showing signs. Only time will tell

Hope to see you soon We will get our beer toast to your graduation set soon for RNH
Sorry to hear about the diagnosis Lee. That is a very scary issue and I'm glad that there is some future hope. If you need anything all you have to do is ask! On another note, 9 more days until I can enjoy my ride thanks to you!!!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:22 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by shreded1
Sorry to hear about the diagnosis Lee. That is a very scary issue and I'm glad that there is some future hope. If you need anything all you have to do is ask! On another note, 9 more days until I can enjoy my ride thanks to you!!!!!
Thanks my friend, as long as the eye doesn't get any worse I can live with it

Didn't get to put any miles on Sunday or yesterday (because my eyes were dilated yesterday) but I will today
If I don't hit 500 today I will tomorrow for sure,,then off to Matt for the final touches and tune,,this grandma driving is killing me Glad I have mine to jump into if the urge hits me
Old 10-21-2014, 09:37 AM
dustbusterplus
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I need to try and get a head count on how many will be able to make the Lake House Bar & Grill this Saturday at 4pm.

Me
Cory
Dustin
Now add your name to the list so I can give them a call and let them know what to expect.
After we go there we can cruise up the street a half mile to Keller's for a little bit! A 2-1 day

I'm not sure if I'll be there or not. I'm heading with the fam to a gun show in Tyler and not totally sure where all after that. If I'm back in time, I'm in, otherwise I may just have to meet up with y'all at Keller's.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:11 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Sorry you missed out Ed, we had a good time

Thanks for asking
My time wasn't so good at the eye doctor's,,
He confirmed I have Open Angle Glaucoma in the left eye It is the most common. The sight I have lost is permanent unless they come up with a cure that will regenerate the dead cells
Good news is, the drops he gave me a prescription for should halt or slow the vision loss We will know more when I go back in a month. The other good news is , my right eye has no signs of Glaucoma and the eye looks healthy Bad news is , eventually most but not all the other Glaucoma patient's eye will develop Glaucoma but the good news is we should be able to catch it early where we can save the vision if that eye starts showing signs. Only time will tell

Hope to see you soon We will get our beer toast to your graduation set soon for RNH
I'm sorry to hear that Lee, but it's good that the drops can help stop or slow the progression. Not a bad silver lining.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:04 AM
shreded1
Racer

I'm so glad you are putting those grandma miles on for me. I would probably have punched it by now. Thanks again!!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

I'm so glad you are putting those grandma miles on for me. I would probably have punched it by now. Thanks again!!!!
LOL, yes, you probably would have,, I don't think I have even hit 3k rpms,,I'm scared it might hit the boost,,lol, but I can tell it is very responsive, of course I hadn't driven it prior to new engine so maybe it has always been that way The 500 miles will be on it tomorrow and then I will run it over to Matt at 21st for the oil change Saturday morning. He said need to put a few miles on it after the oil change and then he can do the rest. I'm going to tell him Saturday that i will see him Monday ,,,lol
Old 10-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

I have told the guy's at Lake House Bar and Grill I couldn't get but a few responses and sorry but we will cancel. I also told him if there was interest in the future I would call him and set up a date to have our group over. Thank you for the responses Maybe next time when everyone isn't as busy

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 10-22-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Just an idea !!??

Old 10-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Or maybe you would like a couple of these ideas,,lol

Old 10-23-2014, 11:28 AM
dustbusterplus
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One of my dad's coworkers had a truck pull out in front of him in his '72 Vette and he is trying to find a good shop to take it to to be repaired. I think the hood, driver's front fender, bumper, and possibly driver's side door got messed up. Luckily it was a relatively low speed wreck, only about 20 or so, but it's still gotta be fixed.

Does anybody know any good body shops in the area?
Old 10-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

If anyone is looking for a project car, my next door neighbor has an '89 Porsche 944 S that he is selling for $4500. This is the upgrade version of the 944 that earned a bad reputation as a dog of a car, and has a 3.0L instead of the 2.5L that came in the 944. It has about 150k miles and runs great (he's using it as a daily driver right now), but the 80's interior needs to be redone and the silver paint is oxidized in some places, so it will need paint work as well. If interested send me a PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dustbusterplus
One of my dad's coworkers had a truck pull out in front of him in his '72 Vette and he is trying to find a good shop to take it to to be repaired. I think the hood, driver's front fender, bumper, and possibly driver's side door got messed up. Luckily it was a relatively low speed wreck, only about 20 or so, but it's still gotta be fixed.

Does anybody know any good body shops in the area?
Dustin, I will call you. Wylie Goodyear is where I would take mine. I will call you with details.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Dustin, I will call you. Wylie Goodyear is where I would take mine. I will call you with details.

That's where mine will go when I'm ready for paint work.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
That's where mine will go when I'm ready for paint work.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:38 PM
shreded1
Racer

I can't enjoy this weekends activities so, I'm looking forward to next weekend. I'm thinking of heading to Cars and Coffee next Sat before a night of fun at Forest Lane. Any takers?
Old 10-24-2014, 08:28 PM
acscogginjr
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Anybody up for Coit tonight? Mike and I are going to head over there.

Austin

Get notified of new replies

To Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

I can't enjoy this weekends activities so, I'm looking forward to next weekend. I'm thinking of heading to Cars and Coffee next Sat before a night of fun at Forest Lane. Any takers?
Of course!! and your car will be ready Headed at 10am to get your oil changed this morning

Old 10-25-2014, 07:19 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by acscogginjr
Anybody up for Coit tonight? Mike and I are going to head over there.

Austin
Just now saw your post Austin I would have love to get out of the house,,Paula's Mom has been staying with us a few days and they need some time to visit without me Or maybe it's me that needs the alone time Sorry I missed this post,,
Old 10-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Ron's new engine oil changed today and oil was clean No sparkles in it, no sparkles in the oil filter or oil coming out of the filter Matt said that he hasn't seen a new engine oil come out that clean in a long time, "they did it right", Looks like a good build . Now we have to put another 400-500 miles on it before the final tune but at least we can get it on the highway just no boost, grandma it up so not to exceed 4000 rpm,, Ron, I will put as much as I can on it this weekend and up coming week. I think Matt is being a little on the caution and conservative side but that is a good thing

Quick Reply: Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.