Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Performance shop in Dallas, Tx?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 02:39 PM
triziks
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Performance shop in Dallas, Tx?

Can someone recommend a performance dyno spot around Dallas? Looking to take my car get all done up asap. About to order parts from Texas speed. Thanks :]
Old 10-27-2014, 02:47 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by triziks
Can someone recommend a performance dyno spot around Dallas? Looking to take my car get all done up asap. About to order parts from Texas speed. Thanks :]
21st Century Muscle Cars is a great local shop that can take care of that for you.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:18 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

TrueStreet in Mckinney
Quality in Lewisville
LG in Plano
Old 10-27-2014, 05:23 PM
jaygood
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LG Motorsports
Old 10-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by triziks
21st Century Muscle Car in Addison, ask for Matt. They have been around the longest I wouldn't take mine anywhere else now and I have been to the others. Stay far away from True Street . They Don't stand behind their work.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:21 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
21st Century Muscle Car in Addison, ask for Matt. They have been around the longest I wouldn't take mine anywhere else now and I have been to the others. Stay far away from True Street . They Don't stand behind their work.
You still blame TrueStreet for your mistake ? You never did your homework on this. You never asked on here what would happen if you put a blower on your setup. You took an unknown blower to the tuner and ordered him to put it on. Thats asking for trouble.

Come in man... Time to face facts that you did all your mods wrong which led to it blowing up. Who tells a tuner to install a blower on a LS1 with milled heads, flycut pustons, and HUGE N/A cam. We warned u it was not going to work. You told us that Josh said it would work. Haha. See where that got you ?

TrueStreet is a fantastic tuner and Sean Burt works there who did my heads, cam, long tube setup 8.5 yrs ago. Been running perfect ever since. Sean Burt is also an instructor for HP tuners. He knows how to tune these cars. He has been since the early 90's.
Check out True Street face book page to see all the big builds.

Toque
Old 10-28-2014, 11:56 AM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Toque
You still blame TrueStreet for your mistake ? You never did your homework on this. You never asked on here what would happen if you put a blower on your setup. You took an unknown blower to the tuner and ordered him to put it on. Thats asking for trouble.

Come in man... Time to face facts that you did all your mods wrong which led to it blowing up. Who tells a tuner to install a blower on a LS1 with milled heads, flycut pustons, and HUGE N/A cam. We warned u it was not going to work. You told us that Josh said it would work. Haha. See where that got you ?

TrueStreet is a fantastic tuner and Sean Burt works there who did my heads, cam, long tube setup 8.5 yrs ago. Been running perfect ever since. Sean Burt is also an instructor for HP tuners. He knows how to tune these cars. He has been since the early 90's.

Toque

Well put Mark and truthful ...
Old 10-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Toque
Also Mark true Street did my heads, cam and intake upgrade and did a great Job. Sean is definitely the man for tuning.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:29 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Sean Burt at Truestreet rebuilt my transmission and did tuning... He does all the work himself, unlike 21st Century and others who farm out their transsmission work to a 3rd party assembly line company. Sean knows every nut and bolt on our Corvettes.. Two Thumbs up
Old 10-28-2014, 05:33 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Do your searching and reading, ultimately it comes down to what you're looking for out of your car.

In my actual experience:

21st builds cars that last long because Matt is an excellent (and very safe) tuner, in fact he's one of the best in DFW. John (the owner) is a stand up guy, and he goes out of his way to help his customers. The excellent customer service and straight shooting keeps people coming back.

Quality has excellent workmanship, excellent tuning. They put out fast cars and they know what they are doing, they are A+++.

AMP in Arlington has Sam Miller, search his name here and on LS1tech..that alone should send you there. Sam is considered by most of the fast LS owners to be one of the best if not the best LS tuner around. AMP puts out very fast (1,xxxwhp) cars that live and continue to live.

True Streets shouldn't honestly be on your list if you're planning to do F.I. If you're not looking to do FI and are looking to stay around 5xxwhp n/a they are fine as evident by the many cars they've put out that are still alive. I don't know of anyone that has a +600whp FI TS car that is happy but I do know a bunch of 500whp n/a people that are.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by MBB
Do your searching and reading, ultimately it comes down to what you're looking for out of your car.

In my actual experience:

21st builds cars that last long because Matt is an excellent (and very safe) tuner, in fact he's one of the best in DFW. John (the owner) is a stand up guy, and he goes out of his way to help his customers. The excellent customer service and straight shooting keeps people coming back.

Quality has excellent workmanship, excellent tuning. They put out fast cars and they know what they are doing, they are A+++.

AMP in Arlington has Sam Miller, search his name here and on LS1tech..that alone should send you there. Sam is considered by most of the fast LS owners to be one of the best if not the best LS tuner around. AMP puts out very fast (1,xxxwhp) cars that live and continue to live.

True Streets shouldn't honestly be on your list if you're planning to do F.I. If you're not looking to do FI and are looking to stay around 5xxwhp n/a they are fine as evident by the many cars they've put out that are still alive. I don't know of anyone that has a +600whp FI TS car that is happy but I do know a bunch of 500whp n/a people that are.
You forget that Sean built and tuned the turbos on the MiniVette. Ask around before you reply. Sean has a lot of experience with everything. Even old carb setups. He just base tuned Rons 67 supercharged Chevelle to over 1000 hp. He says there is a lot more in it but its safe to race this weekend.

Toque
Old 10-28-2014, 06:29 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

You forget that Sean built and tuned the turbos on the MiniVette. Ask around before you reply. Sean has a lot of experience with everything. Even old carb setups. He just base tuned Rons 67 supercharged Chevelle to over 1000 hp. He says there is a lot more in it but its safe to race this weekend.

Toque
Sooo your basis for your opinion on longevity is Arash's car which has legitimately been down more than it's been up for one reason or another (engine/trans) since I've been known him (4yrs or so at this point) and a Chevelle that JUST got finished.

Arash's car is a single turbo btw and while one of his failures was because of a bad machine job the point is that neither car has been alive long enough to make any judgement about how good the tune is in terms of longevity. I didn't forget anything, I just don't think that it's a good example to use.

p.s. My friend Matt's GTO (N2O car) is/was forever in and out of that shop with tune issues. Jeff's 5.0 had issue after issue and went through a few engines (I'll post the video of it blowing up on the dyno when I get home). David's car was released to him SEVERAL times with overheating issues after the blower install. He also had engine damage and his car spent more time at TS than it did at home (I know because we were neighbors). There's a reason FI Mustang guys have started going to HPP instead.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by MBB
Sooo your basis for your opinion on longevity is Arash's car which has legitimately been down more than it's been up for one reason or another (engine/trans) since I've been known him (4yrs or so at this point) and a Chevelle that JUST got finished.

Arash's car is a single turbo btw and while one of his failures was because of a bad machine job the point is that neither car has been alive long enough to make any judgement about how good the tune is in terms of longevity. I didn't forget anything, I just don't think that it's a good example to use.

p.s. My friend Matt's GTO (N2O car) is/was forever in and out of that shop with tune issues. Jeff's 5.0 had issue after issue and went through a few engines (I'll post the video of it blowing up on the dyno when I get home). David's car was released to him SEVERAL times with overheating issues after the blower install. He also had engine damage and his car spent more time at TS than it did at home (I know because we were neighbors). There's a reason FI Mustang guys have started going to HPP instead.
I just enjoy spinning you up Mike. Hahahabha.

Toque
Old 10-28-2014, 07:40 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I wouldnt let true street tune my lawn mower.. avoid them like the plague.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:41 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

I just enjoy spinning you up Mike. Hahahabha.

Toque
Nah you don't spin me up Mark, I know it's all for the cameras.

p.s. The Minivet is AMP tuned now NOT TS tuned..

Get notified of new replies

To Performance shop in Dallas, Tx?

Quick Reply: Performance shop in Dallas, Tx?