Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Supposedly Blue printed Distributor FROM ZIP

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 11:37 AM
65tripleblack
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
This thread leaves me confused on a general question. I believe there was a fairly recent post (I think it may have been by FtF, but could be mistaken about that) stating that Lars no longer is in the business of rebuilding distributors.

So - what is the fact of the matter?
Lars already checked in a few days ago and made a liar out of FTF (or, maybe it was BluzRocker?).

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1593707458

Last edited by 65tripleblack; 12-28-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:40 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

I don't think BluzRocker is lying about the condition of the distributor but there were definitely some details left out. First off if this was a new distributor that was convertered, they are NOS housing on all new parts so somebody is building those. I don't know how they would use a used bushing, but even when they are new they look pretty rough then add 4 years to it. I don't know what seal they used because we would not have taken the breaker plate off of it. It should have a plastic seal with felt washer under it. So I am not saying he is wrong if that is what he got, I would like to know. I know for a fact though that our rebuilt distributors do not come like that. I am probably going to disassemble a new and see what comes out of it. I know they use the one piece point condenser combo and we do not on our rebuilds, but this one was converted to electronic. So I am still asking questions as well and would have loved to be involved with this in the beginning instead of now. I remember allot of the rebuilds but no from 4 years ago, we just do too many. I am always open for the discussion, so Tom feel free to call me, my extension is 256.
Justin
Old 12-29-2016, 01:01 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

My 2 cents....

Always, always, always inform the vendor and give them a chance to rectify the situation before you go public with an issue.

This is the downside of immediate global communications
Old 12-29-2016, 02:02 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by jv04
My 2 cents....

Always, always, always inform the vendor and give them a chance to rectify the situation before you go public with an issue.

This is the downside of immediate global communications
That is, in fact, contained with the rules of posting threads about such disputes:

Occasionally, members fail to recognize the importance of exhausting all efforts to settle an unresolved dispute, issue, or concern offline.

Such action can seriously damage the reputation of the business, the owner, their employees, or another member.

Members need to realize that when they create a thread, even if the information is factual, if they have not given the business/owner/member the opportunity to make things right, hundreds of members will still read the thread and walk away thinking less of the business and member, and could hinder future purchases.

Therefore, it is imperative that members contact the business/member via phone, e-mail, or PM to attempt to settle an issue or concern offline and afford them the opportunity to make things right or to clarify what may have gone wrong.
Given that the vendor has responded to the thread, in accordance with the rules I will close this thread at this time. This will allow the parties to work through this offline without ongoing outside commentary. If the OP or the vendor has a resolution or significant development to report, they can PM me directly and it will be added to this thread and made available to be read.