Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

C6 Z06 Question for Tadge Juechter

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 09:41 PM
JeffInDFW
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

To make it worse, the 12 and 13 model year Vettes are failing from the change in material of the bearings. The Europeans outlawed anything that had lead, so the lead bearings that had worked perfectly for 100 years had to go, and were replaced by bearings made from fairy dust. Check the forums here for details and info on the cars that have lost their engines due to this. It does not seem to be as widespread as the exhaust valves failing, but we are still fairly early.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:11 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
To make it worse, the 12 and 13 model year Vettes are failing from the change in material of the bearings. The Europeans outlawed anything that had lead, so the lead bearings that had worked perfectly for 100 years had to go, and were replaced by bearings made from fairy dust. Check the forums here for details and info on the cars that have lost their engines due to this. It does not seem to be as widespread as the exhaust valves failing, but we are still fairly early.
I forgot about the bearing issue. Is it a good assumption that the current LT1 and LT4 engines have the new bearing material as well ? If that is the case this may prove to be a problem with the new engines.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
They are nuts here in Europe ..
Old 02-18-2015, 02:13 PM
JeffInDFW
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Ronald
They are nuts here in Europe ..
Oh, my friend, we have the same affliction here in the US. Most of ours are confined in California, but many have escaped and are trying to ruin the rest of our country. Stay strong, my friend.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:36 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,145 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Tadge's response is here.

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 Question for Tadge Juechter