Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Tire Temperature and Engine Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Default Tire Temperature and Engine Performance

This is really two related questions. The first is how does the C7 determine tire temperature. Is it directly measured or is it inferred from other sensors such as tire pressure?

Second, there has been some speculation that the ECU will vary the engine performance and AH/TC depending on tire temperature (e.g.. less power available on cold tires). Is this the case?

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:13 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,790 Likes on 1,140 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
This is really two related questions. The first is how does the C7 determine tire temperature. Is it directly measured or is it inferred from other sensors such as tire pressure?
I can answer this one: directly measured. The new sensors for the C7's tires are different in that they're measuring both pressure and temperature. Nothing's inferred.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:16 PM
davetx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Temps

Originally Posted by jvp
I can answer this one: directly measured. The new sensors for the C7's tires are different in that they're measuring both pressure and temperature. Nothing's inferred.
My C7 tires alway shows Warm. When it's cold outside here they slide around when I pull out of the garage and the dash still shows Warm. Next trip to dealer I am going to ask them to check
Old 02-23-2015, 01:05 PM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp
JVP,

Do you know if the new sensors are different from those used in the 2010-2013 C6 models. I ask because the TPMS sensors on my 2013 Grand Sport measure temp, but you just can only see the reading if you have a hand held scanner.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:48 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,790 Likes on 1,140 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by truth.b
Do you know if the new sensors are different from those used in the 2010-2013 C6 models. I ask because the TPMS sensors on my 2013 Grand Sport measure temp, but you just can only see the reading if you have a hand held scanner.
Huh! That's interesting. I didn't know that; I wonder if GM was 'testing' them out by putting them into the last year of the C6s. I can't say whether they're different or not as I don't know.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Temperature and Engine Performance

Quick Reply: Tire Temperature and Engine Performance