Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Detailing Considerations when designing the C7

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 11:32 AM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Detailing Considerations when designing the C7

I admit I'm not a performance freak so the performance of the C7 is not what I looked at initially when it was introduced. To each his own, I say.

I look at the beauty of the car and what it will take to keep it clean, maintain it to last over time and take it to car shows and win awards.

In the design of the C7, did anyone consider what it will take to drive the car to a car show and detail it without spending all day on all of the nooks and crannies? Granted it has only been one summer (one car show season) since its introduction but I have yet to see a clean C7 at any car show I have attended.

One of the big areas of concern I NOTICED IMMEDIATELY is the wheel wells. That "material" (I assume used for sound deadening) is impossible to clean properly without a power washer. You can't mask the fact that when a puddle is "hit", will splash and embed all of the road filth in to the fibers.

All of the little vents have to be cleaned with a Q-tip (or similar). That all takes time.

Maybe all of the owners of the C7s that I have run across so far are just being lax in their efforts to properly clean their car. I hope I haven't offended anyone that DOES properly maintain a clean car. That's not my intention here. It just doesn't seem like a lot of thought was put in the aesthetics.

Quick Reply: Detailing Considerations when designing the C7