Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

iPod Software Compatability Issue w Infotainment System

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 02:00 PM
LincolnUSA
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default iPod Software Compatability Issue w Infotainment System

Tadge--hooked up my IPod Nano behind infotainment screen with an Apple cable. Music plays fine, but album artwork, song name, and artist does not advance. In other words, a new song starts but all the other data stays as though the first song is still playing. If I maually hit the arrow key to advance to the next song, the album art will change and then remain stuck on that song. Seems to me that a software update is needed to the infotainment system to alleviate this problem. After all, seeing the album artwork is cool.

It is my understanding that this is a problem for both the 2014 and 2015 model years. The Infotainment Owners Manual indicates that these devices are compatible with the Vette. Will a software fix be available and if so, within what timeframe?

Please understand that for an audiophile and given the price point for the car, this glitch is frustrating.

Last edited by LincolnUSA; 03-10-2015 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Word fix
Old 03-25-2015, 09:35 PM
bnzvett
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by LincolnUSA
Tadge--hooked up my IPod Nano behind infotainment screen with an Apple cable. Music plays fine, but album artwork, song name, and artist does not advance. In other words, a new song starts but all the other data stays as though the first song is still playing. If I maually hit the arrow key to advance to the next song, the album art will change and then remain stuck on that song. Seems to me that a software update is needed to the infotainment system to alleviate this problem. After all, seeing the album artwork is cool.

It is my understanding that this is a problem for both the 2014 and 2015 model years. The Infotainment Owners Manual indicates that these devices are compatible with the Vette. Will a software fix be available and if so, within what timeframe?

Please understand that for an audiophile and given the price point for the car, this glitch is frustrating.
I have the same problem, did you get an answer ?
Old 03-26-2015, 05:44 PM
LincolnUSA
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No answer

Get notified of new replies

To iPod Software Compatability Issue w Infotainment System

Quick Reply: iPod Software Compatability Issue w Infotainment System