Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

AFM Disable

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Default AFM Disable

Would it be possible to get a software update that would allow the A6/A8 not to enter AFM/V4 mode in at least the sport setting for Stringrays?
Old 07-20-2015, 10:38 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

I like this question. A8 should have no AFM in Sport and Track minimally. I would personally prefer it was relegated to Eco/Weather only.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:17 PM
wingerr
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe also determine if the four cylinders that are deactivated during AFM are set up differently physically, which would explain why the same four are always deactivated, rather than on a rotation basis among all 8. It would seem better in the long term to distribute the wear otherwise.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:40 PM
CPhelps
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by wingerr
Maybe also determine if the four cylinders that are deactivated during AFM are set up differently physically, which would explain why the same four are always deactivated, rather than on a rotation basis among all 8. It would seem better in the long term to distribute the wear otherwise.
The pistons are still moving in the cylinders with the valves closed when AFM is active, I don't think wear distribution is that critical.

Get notified of new replies

To AFM Disable

Quick Reply: AFM Disable